Theres a was down under (australian coral)

A

alexmir

Last night my Green and white striped scolymia was about 1 inch from my blasto wellsi colony, and when i came in the living room this morning the scholymia has eaten part of the blastos!!!!

The scolymia released its stomach out and killed a few polyps of the blasto. I think that the blasto may make it, although it will take a few weeks for it to come back completely. It looks like it only got 3 or 4 polyps, but a few of the other ones were pulled in, so mabye it got more.
The pics i got were useless, i couldnt get close enough to show the stomach on the blasto. They are now 5 inches apart

A

alexmir

It died completely tonight. i think it got 2 heads, theres no way they will recover. I noticed 3 small ones sprouting off the side though. I still have 20 heads not including the 3 new babies

nano reefer

i hate to say it, but its kinda kool. i mean, the fact that a coral ate another coral... sux big time for you though...

A

alexmir

it was pretty awesome seeing it, until i thought about him killing a really nice wellsi colony! it had done it before to mushroom coral, but i spotted the strings before it ate it, this time it did it long after the lights were off.
Wish i could have gotten a video of it doing it, but i guess i would have stopped it if i had seen it