Thermos trade list

king4345

I would like to comprise alist of folks interested in a friendly game of random surprise thermos trade. Let me explain. I will creat a list of those who wish to be involved. Once the list is posted you will thermos trade something with the member under you name. Of course the last member will trade with the first member. This trading is open to personal choice of the sender and this is not toturn into a whine about what I got segment. I would like this to be a fun reef building exercise. Trade what you wish; zoos, shrooms, kenya, whatever you so dream. I have seen this done with great success in other forums I hope for the same. Send me an e-mail subjected THERMOS. I will get the list together. I limit the enrollment to Sunday May 7th at midnight.
dlp19616@dejazzd.com

king4345

One person out of the 24 who viewed... Maybe I was wrong to think this would be a good way to broaden the livestock trade...

N

n_sarno

I personally think this would be better if everyone listed what they had to trade instead of it just being a suprize.. bcuz there is a lot of stuff I wouldnt want in my tank.. since its getting full.. i want to be selective.. probably what others are thinking as well....

adam2817

Believe me, I was one of the 24 who viewed. I would LOVE to do it, I just don't have anything to trade. I think it would be fun to see what you get. I just have nothing to trade.

jakebtc

I thought about it but the last thing I need is some sps "maybe no one would send" or mushrooms "plenty of them" lol
plus there isn't any reason like you said, not to just list what you have on here and start it that way instead of doing a surprise happy meal type thing hehe

king4345

OK fair enough... Then majority will rule. The partners can hammer out what they want to trade each other for. No surprises unless you opt to do so...

namas05

I too would be interested in doing some trading locally, but don't have a lot to trade right now as my tank is only about three months old and not very well stocked.
But would love to stay in the loop. Might haave some kenya to trade, but not much else right now.

teen

i think the suprise thing is a real good idea, it ads to the diversity of a tank. there should just maybe be a limit on what you cant send such as xenia, or star polyps(becuase some people see them as a nuisance), and also sps(because people may not have strong enough lighting.) . it gets kind of complicated though. and also i wont have anything to trade for another 2 months at least.
but i do like the idea of having a suprise show up at my door and having a coral ive never seen in my lfs before because they dont carry them.

king4345

Originally Posted by teen
i think the suprise thing is a real good idea, it ads to the diversity of a tank. there should just maybe be a limit on what you cant send such as xenia, or star polyps(becuase some people see them as a nuisance), and also sps(because people may not have strong enough lighting.) . it gets kind of complicated though. and also i wont have anything to trade for another 2 months at least.
but i do like the idea of having a suprise show up at my door and having a coral ive never seen in my lfs before because they dont carry them.
Yes, this was my original thought... I agree on having limitatons. I would not expect anyone to trade an sps looking at getting a mushroom in return... I suggest to keep alive the surprie people should work out their trade with their patner. But, keep it generic. IE: I have zoos, shrooms, leathers, xenia, star polyps.... You then can say hey I would like some zoos. You have no idea what zoos you are getting but, you are getting zoos. Maybe fire and ice or eagle eyes or just some simple zoo who knows but when you get it you will be surprised. Of course if you get something you already have "Oh, Well" start another colony it makes more bartering power for the future...

sharkbait9

I like the idea but, I have my doubts. I can only think that some people will try and get over on others. while some maybe even most members would be honest and trade a fair amount of, lets say zoos for I don’t know for argument sake moon rock frags. What would constitute a fair amount? Say I trade a baby moon rock for some nice colorful zoos , turn around and get 5 rust zoos instead of 8 purple people eater, when I said “looking for colorful zoos“. I really would like to see this work but, like I said integrity maybe lacking in some minds. I’m not trying to be the bearer of bad wishes but not every one is going to be honest and make a fair trade. Will their be rules as per how many zoos per frag or size wise? Even then with size, 2-4 inch of zoos or rock they are on? JMO, lets lay it out on the line now, before little qualms start up and put a good thing down the crapper quick.

king4345

I can see that this will not work.
I was thinking that this would easy. I wanted the surprise element in order to prevent the expectation level. Thus preventing the whining about what you got and what you did not get. I give up... To those who were interested and sent me an e-mail then if you wish to trade still on a private level let me know.
I wash my hands of this project. If someone can take the ball and run with it then more power to you.

corky

Here is a thought that might make such trading worthwhile.
Some like the surprise idea, others want to be more selective. Then of course you have newer members who are limited, generally speaking they will not have anything to offer to someone who has been in the hobby for several years. Another issue, sps tanks vs.soft corals, etc. Many keep specific types of corals in their tanks.
So..... what if the thermos trade was broken up into a few different categories:
such as: those that want the "surprise trades", only "sps trades", and possibly another- "specific trades".
All it takes is one person from each category to get the ball rolling.
Just a thought.

sharkbait9

I don’t think you should be taking it so hard. Like I said just make some rules to this club, that’s all. A couple of rules, to help prevent any headaches. You are on to something good and so try and not get deterred from getting this little club up and going. A rule could be as simple as “any one short changing a trade will be ejected out of listed and name will be listed as negative trader. Trading with said offender is not recommended” Rules as simple as a frag of zoos are to be no less then 6, Acro no less then 2”x2 so on and so fourth. Maybe you be the head muckety muck and two other be in charge of rules and what not. It’s your baby, don’t dump it in the garbage, lets all work to get this going were as we all can agree, or at least majority rule. Don’t give up the fight.

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by corky
Here is a thought that might make such trading worthwhile.
Some like the surprise idea, others want to be more selective. Then of course you have newer members who are limited, generally speaking they will not have anything to offer to someone who has been in the hobby for several years. Another issue, sps tanks vs.soft corals, etc. Many keep specific types of corals in their tanks.
So..... what if the thermos trade was broken up into a few different categories:
such as: those that want the "surprise trades", only "sps trades", and possibly another- "specific trades".
All it takes is one person from each category to get the ball rolling.
Just a thought.
see now were talking. Just a little effort by the members. We can help you make this happen.

sharkbait9

another rule post where you are at like i have mine that says central jersey, marlboro central jersey (county) marlboro (town) so we know who we are trading with and where they are from. ***)

N

n_sarno

wood dale, il looking for blasto.. and ricordia..
I have super colored zoas available.

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by N_Sarno
wood dale, il looking for blasto.. and ricordia..
I have super colored zoas available.
See here we go now you can have a local trade with categories and mail trade with categories. For the newbie,
since we can't sell frags on this site we can trade pictures of dead presidents for frags

king4345

Alright, then let's get the groundwork in place. We will have a zoo list, sps list, lps list, and shrooms on their own little level... I think a frag of 6 is good for zoos or a combination of frags to total 10 this way some wise guy doesn't send six singles... I definetly would like all of you to give some more suggestions I do like the whole concept and it is looking in the upward direction now so... I say we put someone in charge of each group ie; zoos, sps, and so on and so forth. This way there is one centralized person with their finger on the button. This could get to big for one person to monitor all the trades so if each captain monitors a certain type frag and relays any offender traders to the other captains all should have a lighter work load...