thinking material

reefmate75

matter is matter but all of it dosent break down alot of the earths rock is really fossils
thats not what the vido is saing though they dont say why the earth is expanding just that it is, or thats what they belive, i could see it has a possibility though

darknes

It's a plausible explanation, but I don't like the way he explains it as if his theory is correct and other scientists are naive for having their own theories.
However, he doesn't explain what would cause the earth to expand or how mountains could have been formed. Also, if the earth were that small, wouldn't all the suface be covered by water, and thus his claim that land animals and plants migrated to different continents would be invalid.

crashbandicoot

I just don't agree sorry . For the kind of build up it would take to raise the ground level one inch over the entire planet would involve so much decaying mater . I just dont buy it .

crashbandicoot

148,940,000 km² land (29.2 %)
361,132,000 km² water (70.8 %)
that gives you a total of 500,072,000 square killometers of surface space . Thats a lot of dead stuff just to raise it an inch let alone to change the geographic face of the planet .

reefmate75

you know its understandable why people wouldn't believe it but if your a christian then the 40 days and nights of rain would make up for the vast amount of water now present on earth....who ever said earth always had as much water as it dose today, and even some scientists believe that the oceans used to be covered by land and that the 40 days and nights of rain were the after math of that water erupting out from under the ground (this theory i dont believe) but it is one that is out there, and also earth is getting extra water that scientist cant figure out where its coming from, the oceans in the last 10 years have risen 4 inches and they can only account for 1.5" from glacier melt off
i would have to guess at this...but what makes hydrogen? and when you burn hydrogen you get water, which humans DO collect hydrogen as i used to build the hydrogen collection plants and burn it for power, which the more we humans burn hydrogen the deeper the water would get wouldnt it?
all i know is earth is always changing, and any one of us cant say what it was like 700 million years ago, but i do like the threoys people come up with its very intertaining
but they also do say that the earths rotation is slowing down year after year, and if the earth was getting larger it would slow down slowly

reefmate75

Originally Posted by Crashbandicoot
http:///forum/post/2551084
148,940,000 km² land (29.2 %)
361,132,000 km² water (70.8 %)
that gives you a total of 500,072,000 square killometers of surface space . Thats a lot of dead stuff just to raise it an inch let alone to change the geographic face of the planet .
agreed...cant all come from fossils, i do however believe the earth is growing i mean it has to, as meteorites fall to the earth they burn up produceing co2 and some even make it to the surface alot of which contain ice iron and rock
give it 600 million years and it could add up i dont know how much but would have to be alot
and as for the mountain ranges i think that guys theory is flawed for mountain ranges are formed by tec plates being pushed together and one plate moveing atop another and they have that down and is no longer a theory and is accepted as fact.
he said that the plates do not collide with each other they only move apart if that was true then we couldnt have mountains right? i mean that woul dhave to be one HUGE gas bubble under all that rock to make mount evrest right? hahahaha

crashbandicoot

well if the plates are moving apart then they have to be going somewhere which means they are moving toward another plate on the other side ? right ?

reefmate75

well the way he said it he said that they are only moveing apart which is why earth is growing...but mass dosent just come out of nothingness it has to come from somewhere and you have to have gasses to form new solids, if his theroy is true i would have to say hes right but i think one side is pushing harder then the other to make the tec plates push ontop of one another
which i would belive that earth dose suck up stray gasses from space but how much i couldnt say and i dont think anyone could say for sure....
but if all planits grow like he is tring to get people to belive dosent that mean that the moon is also growing? which there is a theroy out on the moon that a smaller planit crashed into the earth that was in a very close orbit around the sun with the earth and it formed the moon
as im guessing you can tell i watch way to much TV hahahaha

reefmate75

Originally Posted by Crashbandicoot
http:///forum/post/2551169
well if the plates are moving apart then they have to be going somewhere which means they are moving toward another plate on the other side ? right ?
yeah thats what i would think but hes saing that they are only moving apart but if that was true why did a earth quake in the idian ocean reek havoc all over the coastal countries of the Indian ocean? they say because a plate slipped under another releasing a lot of energy and causing a suenamie?