Thinking of getting a tatoo.

fenrir

Well I have been pondering about getting a tatoo for about a year now, and I know what I want to get( a stone like wolf) and I want to get it on my arm. I was wondering if I could get some advice from anyone on this board who has one.

seannmelly

piece of cake dont let anyone scare you saying it hurts cause it dont. eat a nice meal before you go relax and you will be fine

fenrir

Thanks my girl friend got one about 2 weeks ago, and she likes it alot. Unfortuantly I wasn't there to see the experience, because I had to be in class.

seannmelly

i would recommend a friend to tag along just to talk too. takes your mind off the bzzzzz bzzzzz noise, gets anoying

reefreak29

Originally Posted by Fenrir
Well I have been pondering about getting a tatoo for about a year now, and I know what I want to get( a stone like wolf) and I want to get it on my arm. I was wondering if I could get some advice from anyone on this board who has one.
lol i have the same tat on my back

reefforbrains

stay above the elbows. Not trying to start a war or hijack his thread, but please keep keep it in mind. The guys that say screw it and "I can just wear long sleeves" pump gas for a living most times.

teen

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
stay above the elbows. Not trying to start a war or hijack his thread, but please keep keep it in mind. The guys that say screw it and "I can just wear long sleeves" pump gas for a living most times.
agreed.
actaully, if you dont mind getting it on your leg, i think that would be even better. tattoos below the elbows just dont look good when you have to dress up and its nice out, especially for occasions like weddings.

well once you get on, you will be addicted, i got my first on my arm, my next on my back, then on my forarm. iam looking at getting more. let me tell you, you probaby been told tons of times, but make sure what your getting tattooed is what you really want, shop around, if its your first time they will try to over price you. take really good care of it for the few first months, or it will look like crap.. it will scab over and dont pick the scabs.
hope all goes well..
p.s chew on a couple packs of life savers, helps out...

reefforbrains

Whoah cowboy, Now your just crazy!! Your running with the wrong crowd, all that talk about tattoos and lifesavers! Must be a mean Saturday night in your town....
LOL j/k but I gotta ask, why in the heck would you reffer life savers???

fenrir

Yeah im going to get it on my upper arm, so you can only see it if I had my shirt off. I have always loved wolves and I think its an appropriate tatoo.

rbaldino

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
Not me, and I've got four on my forearms and one on my right hand.

reefforbrains

Originally Posted by NigerBang
I have about 90% of my whole left arm sleeved...I dont pump gas..

Yeah if you guys are sleeved then you know exactly what I am saying, you think I am making a character attack? come on...I still believe it is sound advise for someone thinking about thier FIRST tattoo. Dropping below the elbow is a serious commitment that I personally dont think someone should make when they are 16-20 years old. JMO

nigerbang

Okay I get what your saying now and I agree. I had a half sleeve and made the choice to continue on down the arm, but I am with you on not starting low on the arm.

reefforbrains

I travel alot, when in the UK or Scotland having Irish pride tattoo'd on ya isnt a good thing. St Patty's is always fun but theres the rest of the year when you CANT get free Guiness to think about too. I conciously made the commitment and am perfectly willing to stand by it, but its a definate source of agitation to others when we travel.
Just playing devils advocate for life altering desicions.

earlybird

I've considerd getting one for 9 years. I can say I'm glad I don't have one but I'm not opposed to them at all. I just can't find or can't describe what I want. What ever you do make sure you get a good artist and don't pick something off the wall or in their books. Spend the money and get the art done specific to your likings. My friend drives to Miami to get his tatoos and they are expensive but amazing.

sig45

I been getting ink done since I have been a teen, my view on the matter is you only live once, make your your life count, who needs limitations by what other people think. by the way i have a much better job then working at a gas station, one more thing, it feels like getting scratched by a cat, then while your healing it feels like a sunburn healing.

reefkprz

if you want to look at some flash art I can post some pics of stuff I have drawn out, I did tattooing for a while. I dont have any stone wolves though.

fenrir

Yeah reef that would be cool to see. lol think you can draw any kind of wolf? If I like it I would definatly get it on my arm!