Thinking of selling 125gal in STL

tiluhill

I'm thinking about selling one of my 125 gallon tanks,but if I can't get enough, I'll just keep it. I WILL NOT BREAK UP. near St. Louis,MO.
125 gallon Oceanic w/wood trim
36" show hight stand
2 - Coralife 150 watt (ea) HQI MH pendants with transformers.
2 - hang on back Ecosystems 40 refugiums with lights and bio balls
Seaclone 100 skimmer
Large canister filter (may not be needed with refugiums and skimmer) with built in UV light (needs a bulb).
3 powerheads,2 with wavemakers.
It is up and running. The ony thing wrong is the piece of glass on the top of the tank connecting the front and back glass spidered (not real bad IMO) because I had the lights sitting on it and water hit it. It does not affect anything, but if you know its there,you can see it.
I cannot ship, so it would need to be picked up. Make an offer!

tiluhill

I will sell the items separately, the tank has been up and runing for a while now, but last night the top started to separate, so the tank is not for sale anymore, but everything else is. Make an offer!

tiluhill

no fish, the only thing in the tank is llivesand, and I think I want that for my other 125. I'm really bummed out that the top of this tank broke, I was going to put a small bamboo shark and a ray in it. Oh well!

tiluhill

Anyone interested??? I will break up all of the pieces now that I can't use the tank. $50 for the skimmer plus shipping (probably $10 or so)

tiluhill

Originally Posted by mazdaman
how much the the 2 fuges
I was thinking $100 for both shipped?? They are Ecosystem brand with the lights, pumps and bio-balls. They are more than $200 each new.

tiluhill

Originally Posted by hagfish
Can you explain what you mean by the top seperating? If it's fixable I may be interested.
I actually think it might be fixable. The front and back of the tank are attached in the center of the tank by a piece of glass 1/2 inch thick. On All Glass aquariums, they have two plastic pieces, but Oceanic has a large piece of glass. It stops the front and back glass from bowing out from the weight of the water. It appears to be just siliconed. If you got a piece of glass the same size, it looks like it could be repaired. My 125 All Glass was $500, this Oceanic was $900, thats why it is such a shame it broke. It is not 3/8" thick, it is a full 1/2". Where are you in IL?

tiluhill

Originally Posted by Eaglephot
Hi. How much for the 125 tank, stand and glass tops?
Well, there are no glass tops, the water would overheat with the MH lights and tops, so none of my tanks have tops. Please make sure you read all of the comments in this entire thread about the tank, it is damaged (yeah-I broke it
) but make an offer. Obviously I can't ship the tank and stand, but everything else can be shipped. I am not real sure what it is worth. I know all of the items cost new, but that makes no difference when they are used. I will entertain any reasonable offer.

hagfish

Originally Posted by tiluhill
I actually think it might be fixable. The front and back of the tank are attached in the center of the tank by a piece of glass 1/2 inch thick. On All Glass aquariums, they have two plastic pieces, but Oceanic has a large piece of glass. It stops the front and back glass from bowing out from the weight of the water. It appears to be just siliconed. If you got a piece of glass the same size, it looks like it could be repaired. My 125 All Glass was $500, this Oceanic was $900, thats why it is such a shame it broke. It is not 3/8" thick, it is a full 1/2". Where are you in IL?
I'm in Granite City.
May I ask what caused it to break like that?

tiluhill

Originally Posted by hagfish
I'm in Granite City.
May I ask what caused it to break like that?
I was filling the tank and had the lights sitting on the glass, when the water got near the top it splashed on the glass which had heated up and it made a loud pop and spider-webed. I was not too worried about it intil a month later the spidered glass separated from the weight of the water. I also ruined $100 worth of live sand that I just bought because the glass slivers. :mad:
I've been to Nemos in Granite. Not too bad for a small shop.

maeistero

right back at ya.
the tank is very fixable. i would worry about transporting it, but it's a pretty easy fix onsite. i forget if it was here or elsewhere i was reading up, but a couple months ago dozens of people repaired their bracing on the same thread.
if i remember correctly it was very time intensive as the top plastic had to be removed. then the silicone was all removed and the broken center glass taken out. many people at that time elected for two braces instead of one. this allows the use of 3 pendants instead of blocking the light with 2. i honestly can't remember if it was aga or oceanic that offers the eurobrace top for sale, but a lot of people elected to do that.