This good fuge lighting?

steven's un

I just set up a 10 gal fuge on my 55 gal and i was wondering if 28 W(10k) would be enough to grow chaetomorpha. IF not, someone please tell me what would be.

msd2

Originally posted by Steven's UN
I just set up a 10 gal fuge on my 55 gal and i was wondering if 28 W(10k) would be enough to grow chaetomorpha. IF not, someone please tell me what would be.

You might want to do a search on this but someone is using a flood from Home depot that is a lot lower wattage and is 5500k and has been very happy with it. plus the bulb is like 8 bucks

nm reef

On that size fuge your lighting may be fine. I can't say for certain because I've never had a fuge that small...

sammyg

I think what you have is just fine, but if you wanted to go cheaper, I've had good results using a 19w 6500K compact fluorescent bulb from Home Depot in a regular old shop light fixture. It has a nice clip on the bottom, so it just you can just clip it on the side of the fuge. The "bulb" is really a CF with a regular screw-in socket. Just be sure to get the 6500K bulb, because a lot of the others can be around 3000K, which won't work well. The bulb I have says it on the package, but you really have to look hard to find it.
Hope that helps.
Sam
Edit: Just saw NM's post, and my fuge is also 10g