This is going to sound stupid

mrbubbles

Well it is a newbie question is there any coral that does not need the special light to have them live.An years ago they didn't have this light you need now what gives my momma said they didn't use a light with there coral and they lived just fine.

coxy101

Huh? Are you asking if there are corals that don't need more than a plain strip light? Not any that I know of (or that will last long...)

aarone

gorgonians...zoos can live under low lighting....shrooms probably..... sun coral needs low light....i know there are some others...i think one is called a chili coral

T

tizzo

Years ago it was extremely hard to keep a reef. Lighting was only one factor. Ask your mom to name a specific coral for you that she has seen or heard of. I cannot think of any. Maybe she was seeing fake corals. I don't know.

T

tizzo

Originally posted by aarone
gorgonians...zoos can live under low lighting....shrooms probably..... sun coral needs low light....i know there are some others...i think one is called a chili coral

Low lighting, yeah. But N.O. lighting???

kl8n

wow, sorry. I guess I didn't realize the severity of what I have done. I apologeis for the hurt and pain I have caused you. No more bumping for me...I've learned that no wins with bumping.