THIS IS GREAT - need more info

greginohio

OOOPS! Guess I didn't explain fully. The purpleplants are most likely Apastasia, and they've already taken over. There are no less than 10,000 of these things ranging from barely visible (less tham 1mm in size) to centers of attention -4-5" tall and 3-3.5" top diameter...some even bigger w/their tentacles(?) stretched out! Can peppermint shrimp even eat something that size? How many? Also, crude calculations of 10 worms/inch (I can count them in the substrate pressed against the tank wall) means 100 worms/square inch, with tank dimensions of 72"x18" that equals 129,600 worms in the top layer of substrate alone. Just what I can see! I keep the substrate about 3-4" thick and the live rock itself has thousands more. Will Arrow crabs alone be enough? Is this even a concern? Earlier replies seem to say its ok, but I hadn't explained properly. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE QUICK REPLIES, THIS IS ONE AWESOME SITE!! :happyfish

snipe

Pep shrimp can eat them if that perticular one wants to not all of them will I had 1 and they ate it.
The worms are good "depending on what they are" sounds to me like there was enough nutrients so you had an explosion and they will go away on there own.