This is insane

reefraff

In 2013, ICE freed 36,007 convicted criminal aliens from detention who were awaiting the outcome of deportation proceedings

http://cis.org/ICE-Document-Details-36000-Criminal-Aliens-Release-in-2013

darthtang aw

I think this kind of proves one of my points in the U.S. jobs thread.
Not really, considering most of those jobs are low wage low skill entry jobs that are taken by illegals.

2quills

Not really, considering most of those jobs are low wage low skill entry jobs that are taken by illegals.
Down here its pretty tough to be able and find contractors who don't employ them. Sometimes you really have no choice in order to keep business rolling. I have masonary crew on one of our properties right now that most likely has a couple on his crew. But what do I do, go check all of their I.d.?
Problem is many can do skilled labor and they do it for cheaper.

darthtang aw

Down here its pretty tough to be able and find contractors who don't employ them. Sometimes you really have no choice in order to keep business rolling. I have masonary crew on one of our properties right now that most likely has a couple on his crew. But what do I do, go check all of their I.d.?
Problem is many can do skilled labor and they do it for cheaper.
New mexico is in the same boat. However there are not a huge amount of college kids wanting construction jobs, or day labor jobs.

2quills

New mexico is in the same boat. However there are not a huge amount of college kids wanting construction jobs, or day labor jobs.
People want a lot of things that just aren't readily available. They go to school for something they think they'd love to do only to get out and find out how tough things are.
Encouraging the manufacturing jobs to come back would be nice. That would benefit a lot of folks.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397675/this-is-insane#post_3545445
Was just reading this...................
I'm sure you were. What do you people do all day, sit around Tin Foil Hat NeoCon blog sites waiting for some article to flame Liberals, Democrats, and the Marxist Obama? Of those 36,000 "criminals", almost 32,000 of them were contained for "traffic violations". You sit around here whining about how the Feds are wasting money, how many thousands of dollars were they spending to keep these people housed and fed for essentially getting a speeding ticket? The other "vicious" crimes? Go look at statistics of how many US citizens that have committed these same crimes that were released WAY before their mandated sentence. We have idiots who've been convicted of DUI 6 TIMES, and they still get probation. We have sex offenders who get 6 month sentences, and only spend 3 months in jail. I won't even talk about California and their overcrowded jails where they let hardened criminals out after serving a third of their sentence. Oh but it's them Stinkin' Illegals committin' those crimes. Can't have that. But if someone needs cheap labor to help do some brick work on one of their cracker box/predator loan homes, well we can just ignore those guys....

2quills

Agree, turning criminals loose is nothing new. I am currious though to know how many had recieved tax payer assistance on top of that.

reefraff

LEGAL aliens wouldn't be facing a deportation hearing for a simple traffic offence. This report doesn't break down how many of these offenders are in the country illegally. Of course a weak minded 0bamabot wouldn't want to consider that.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/397675/this-is-insane#post_3545491
LEGAL aliens wouldn't be facing a deportation hearing for a simple traffic offence. This report doesn't break down how many of these offenders are in the country illegally. Of course a weak minded 0bamabot wouldn't want to consider that.
Well a sheeple NeoCon apparently can't read a simple chart. So if it doesn't break it down, how can you claim this "insane"? So now if they are LEGAL aliens, it makes a difference? You bleat Hannity by-lines about how atrocious these numbers are, when in reality the majority of the offenses are misdemeanors or minor infractions. When you scream idiotic conspiracy theories like this (and we can't leave out Obamacare and Benghazi) in a remote forest, doesn't anyone really hear you? LOLOLOL

darthtang aw

Agree, turning criminals loose is nothing new. I am currious though to know how many had recieved tax payer assistance on top of that.
It isnt even about the money. Releasing murderers, rapists, and pedophiles back into u.s. Society that arent legally supposed to be here in the first place is just asinine. Maybe we should release Al-Libi while he awaits trial here in the u.s. For his embassy bombings as well.

reefraff

The Stupid, it hurts!!!

http://immigration.lawyers.com/deportation/conviction-may-mean-deportation-or-removal-from-us.html

Conviction May Mean Deportation or Removal from US
POSTED IN DEPORTATION BY LAWYERS.COM[sup]SM[/sup]

There are millions of non-US citizens (or "foreign nationals" or "aliens") in the country at any given time. Many here legally. For example, you may be a "permanent resident" or have a "green card," meaning you can live and work in the US indefinitely and enjoy most of the rights and privileges that US citizens have. Or, you may have a visa, which lets you stay in the country temporarily while you work or go to school. Some non-citizens are here illegally, such when someone sneaks into the country or stays here after his visa has expired.
Regardless, if you're not a US citizen and you're in the country, a criminal conviction may mean yourdeportation or removal from the US. That is, the federal government can send you back to your native country and bar you from re-entering the US.

Crimes and Convictions
Under US immigration law, a non-US citizen may be deported or removed from the country if she commits any of the following crimes:
[*]Crimes of moral turpitude (CIMT). These crimes involve some act that's base, depraved or vile. Examples include murder, rape and arson. You may be deported for a conviction on a CIMT only if you were convicted within five years after you were admitted to the US (it's 10 years if you have a green card) and you were sentenced to a year or more in prison
Aggravated feloniesrong> . The immigration law lists dozens of crimes that qualify as aggravated felonies, such as murder, rape and trafficking in drugs or firearms. It doesn't matter how long you've been in the US, either. If you commit an aggravated felony at any time after being admitted to the US, you may be deported
[*]Failure to register as a sex offender. If you're convicted of a sex-related crime and you're required to register as a sex offender under the Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act and you don't, you may be deported
[*]Drug-related crimes . You may be deported if you're convicted of selling, distributing or possessing illegal drugs or "controlled substances." The exception is if the conviction is your first conviction and it was for possessing 30 grams or less of marijuana for your own use
[*]Gun-related crimes
. A conviction for buying, selling, owning or carrying a firearm is a deportable offense
Crimes of domestic violence
. This means any crime of violence you commit against a current or former spouse, the other parent of your child, or any person you're living with or used to live with
Crimes against the US or other citizens. You may be deported if you commit treason andespionage, or acts of terrorism

2quills

It isnt even about the money. Releasing murderers, rapists, and pedophiles back into u.s. Society that arent legally supposed to be here in the first place is just asinine. Maybe we should release Al-Libi while he awaits trial here in the u.s. For his embassy bombings as well.
I hear ya and I know it sounds crazy but it happens all the time. In fact it happens pretty much daily in Detroit. They boot the lesser offenders out the back door in order to make room for new or worse ones. It's not like they drop the charges. Judges are motivated to get convictions because it makes prisons money.
They're already illegal so their breaking the law as it is. If the budget couldn't hold them then they had to go. But they'll never be able to obtain citizenship so it's still a right hook from the tax payers.
Pretty evil right?

reefraff

If they are not citizens deport their worthless carcasses whether they are here illegally or not. The law provides for that. We have plenty of home grown criminals, we don't need to import more. If 0bama was serious about dealing with the illegals he'd be looking for the opportunity to deport illegals that are apprehended by law enforcement instead of releasing them and hope they'll show up for deportation hearings. Yeah that happens..

2quills

If they are not citizens deport their worthless carcasses whether they are here illegally or not. The law provides for that. We have plenty of home grown criminals, we don't need to import more. If 0bama was serious about dealing with the illegals he'd be looking for the opportunity to deport illegals that are apprehended by law enforcement instead of releasing them and hope they'll show up for deportation hearings. Yeah that happens..
Ah ha...and there's the twist. All of these illegals are getting released in which states? It's the middle finger from the O man to Texas and Arizona.

reefraff

People need to start fighting back. When I had my yard xeroscaped I made the guy show me proof of citizenship on his crew. He balked at first but by god every member of his crew that showed up spoke English and had a driver's license. Close enough for me except the liberal morons who controlled the state legislature last session are giving illegals drivers licenses now so you have to look closely.