This might seem silly

chuckcac

Originally Posted by ModestMouse
So I'm guessing that water goes into the overflow, fills up inside of the overflow, until it reaches the durso and then goes down to the sump?
That will make things relatively quiet?
What is the other hole for? The Return?
I am loving you guys right now, you have no idea!!!!!!!!

quiet...? like those annoying gurgling noises...? yeah - i've read somewhere that the "durso" style stand pipe helps to cut the noise down alot
yes,... the other hole...that's the return...

modestmouse

Yes, can you do a sump/refugium with a wet/dry with out bioballs? I wanted to build my own like you are but am a little weary. I am looking at a 90 gallon bow front. I'm a little nervous about not being able to fit a 25-30 gallon sump/refugium in it.
Your plans look good.... I came across that thread a while back.

chuckcac

alot of people recommend using live rock rubble in place of bio-balls in a wet/dry. they say that the bio balls, after long use, need replacement because they become a nitrate factory... and the LR rubble does not..

not sure if i remember where i read that someone was doing that... it was recently though... :notsure:
someone used a wetdry filter as a sump... sorry - wish i could find it for ya :notsure:

modestmouse

Thanks Chuck!!!!!!!
Do you know how many gph the average predrilled, reef ready setup is rated for? 600gph??? This tank I hope to get would be a 90 gallon bowfront Oceanic RR.

f14peter

Originally Posted by ModestMouse
I actually havent even bought anything yet....just trying to figure it out all in my head. So I'm assuming you usually get a bulkhead when you buy a Durso??
With an AGA tank, the tank itself does not come with the bulkheads, but they are included in their overflow plumbing package.