This new IPad's super cool... What do I do with it?

crimzy

What's up all? Just popping in to say hey. I just got myself a new IPad for a long plane ride next week and I'm not quite sure what to do with it. Any recommendations for cool apps?

reefraff

Crimz!
They do a good job with movies, you just convert them through iTunes. You can also do books, my wife uses Amazon for her's. There are a ton of games for them too. A great airline distraction.

crimzy

Yeah, I was thinking movies or maybe a tv series that I never saw... I'll have about 8 hours so there's lots of time to play around.

reefraff

My wife has 34 movies on hers with room to spare. Angry birds is a mindless game that's great for killing time.

E

eric b 125

coral magazine has an app with full past editions. also, words with friends is a great time killer.

dragonzim

Most tv networks have apps where if you get them on your tv you can watch on your iPad. Hbo for instance let's you watch whole seasons of all their shows. You do need a wifi connection on the plane for it though. I've been watching true blood on mine while sitting outside having a cigar every couple of nights. Movies through iTunes is cool too since you can download them and don't need an active connection to watch them?
I am posting this from my iPad....

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimzy http:///t/389473/this-new-ipads-super-cool-what-do-i-do-with-it#post_3442404
Does she have the 32 or 64 gig?
64, She uses the Kindle app as well. It's not as cool as the actual Kindle for books but still pretty slick if you like to read.
If yours is 32 I'd say you could safely do a dozen movies, probably more like 15. Like I said, the wife still has room to spare on her's with 34. She also has a couple dozen games as well and no telling how many books.

crimzy

Yeah, I went cheap and only got the 32 Gig. I'm figuring movies and TV shows. I wanted to watch the series Dexter but never really sat down to get into it. This may be a good opportunity. I like the idea of Coral Magazine too.
I'd read a book but I'm not sure what to read and, since I'm travelling with my girl, I'm not sure she'd let me ignore her long enough to read a book...
Games aren't so much my thing but I guess if I get bored enough then I'd give 'em a shot. My kids play angry birds, lol.
And I may have to spend some time here with you all... ;)

yearofthenick

Whatever you do, make sure you get "FlightTack." It's $5 but totally worth it, especially on long flights. You load up all your flight info and it tracks you live, even without a wifi connection. really neat app!

aquaknight

Something to do with the iPad after your flight, mount it up in the MKS and run Trapster;
http://blog.trapster.com/2010/04/15/trapster-ipad/

crimzy

Both look super cool... but I'm not sure that I'll have much need for Trapster as I trek cabs around Budapest... ;)
Flighttrack will definitely be a part of the flight. And I'm pretty much betting I'll be checking it every 5 minutes on average (every 2 minutes if there's turbulence). I found another cool use for the Ipad... did all my continued education credits on it while watching Star Wars last night...