Thorny Sea Star

melrn1987

I recently purchased a thorny sea star. The problem is one of my fish has bit off part of one of his legs and I don't know which fish it is. I have the following fish. A blue hippo tang, a coral beauty angelfish, a 3 stripe and a yellow tail damsel, a false percula clownfish, a dragon, bumblebee, and an orange diamond goby.Which one of these fish do you think has been picking on him? I feel bad for him, because he is at the top of my aquarium and he will bend his injured leg back. Any advice or comments on the bully in my aquarium.

A

alexmir

My damsels always pick on snails and things on the glass, so it may have been one of the damsels just biting, not necessarily eating. And are you sure the leg wasnt already damaged when you bought it?

earnit33

:I had an orange linkiaand my blue devil damsel picked at it and actually ripped his legs enough to where the hermits started a meal of it! still can't catch the booger,did the same to 2 feather dusters also! so when I do catch him,he will have a new residence he will not like!!!!!!!

uno

Hmmm. I would not know, but starfish can do something called regeneration. It means it can regrow missing limbs. This does not happen over night. It can take up to a year to do.

earnit33

Originally Posted by UNO
http:///forum/post/2629210
Hmmm. I would not know, but starfish can do something called regeneration. It means it can regrow missing limbs. This does not happen over night. It can take up to a year to do.

I agree,but in my case the star was dead when I got in from work!