Those darned leeches are back on my SNE!

jcarroll

Okay, so maybe I am going to have to treat the tank a few times before they're ALL the way gone, but I figured it's worth a shot to post a pic of one of these nasty things to see if anyone has any better ideas as to what it is just in case I am wrong...

hlcroghan

Those things are just horrible. I feel so bad for your fish. Did they seemed really stressed by the treatment of them before? Hopefully not.

slackjawed

Originally Posted by Jcarroll
http:///forum/post/2727503
Okay, so maybe I am going to have to treat the tank a few times before they're ALL the way gone, but I figured it's worth a shot to post a pic of one of these nasty things to see if anyone has any better ideas as to what it is just in case I am wrong...
looks like a sole patch that sucz

jcarroll

I know, I feel AWFUL for them! I have used 2 treatments of some medicine called Trifon. The day after I first put it in, the leeches were all gone except for just a few here and there near the tail of the SNE. So, a week later I treated it again (you can add it weekly). Tomorrow it will be another week, so I will have treated it three times. I'm just wondering if I'm correct in my assessment of leeches because although maybe it does take a few times of treating the tank, if it's something else, I'd like to fix it.
Neither eel was stressed at all after the treatments. As a matter of fact, they were both very happy afterwards since they had no leeches on them. Also, both eels are eating fine.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Continue to treat the tank for a longer period of time. Do a water change just before each re-treatment.