thought for the day

kelly

I was thinking about water changes, and about those that purchase water from wal-mart, etc.
We test the water, run it through every type of filtration possible, use reverse osmosis, etc. before adding it to our tanks. But yet, we will drink the water straight from the tap (or store) without ever checking it.
Seems kind of crazy, the water is not good enough for the tank, but it is fine to drink.
A strange lot we are!!
Have a nice day.

maryc137

I use my RO water for drinking water too. Tastes way better than tap water. I set the unit up in the 1/2 bath off the laundry room and it's real close to fill up water bottles that I keep in the frig. Also out of the way for the large garbage can that takes awhile to fill for a 20 gallon water change.

stacyt

I also use the ro/di water for drinking. I setup a unit under the kitchen sink with a faucet attached. Nothing but ro/di water for me, and all my animals as well.

melbournefl

LOL having attended college in Mexico, about 120 klicks south of Mexico City, my poor stomach can handle darn near anything I put in it! RO water for the little fishies though!
Later,
Paul

plum70rt

I tested my home water and have a whole house filter, water is great, but RO/DI water from my AQUAFX taste awful:eek:

broncofish

The way I look at...I put ketchup on my tofu burger, and that crap can clean an old dirty penny, I drink Coke and I clean my battery terminals with it. If my stomach can put up with that than a little chlorine won't hurt me. I figure it's an equal trade though the fish may get the good water but man that brine shrimp tastes like crap.

chinnyr

Or,how we let our dogs lick our faces when we greet them.I have seen dogs put thier noses in some pretty nasty stuff!