Three Year progression

rhomer

Notice the scroll coral and the efflo. growth. Not obvious is the clam that has been in there all three years also the xenia growth is just otta control. The cleaner and hippo have been there to see it all also along with a pistol shrimp not shown.
A few more current pics:

rhomer

Originally Posted by sweetdawn
what i notice is your sand bed is slowly dissappearing
It wasn't slow. I had a phosphate spike and a nitrate spike, and with that the sand bed was gone.

rockblast

Very nice man.
I was wondering I just saw that you have a butterfly fish.
I was told that they eat corals like crazy. How is the fish behaving?
I would also like to have one, but I got some corals.

rhomer

Originally Posted by rockblast
Very nice man.
I was wondering I just saw that you have a butterfly fish.
I was told that they eat corals like crazy. How is the fish behaving?
I would also like to have one, but I got some corals.
Copperbanded butterfly's will eat annoying aptasia's and keep your tank clean. Other than that they might nip at polyps.
Rob

rhomer

Originally Posted by wax32
Nice pictures, what kind of lighting do you have on your tank?
2 175 watt mh run on a PFO ballast with 20k XM bulbs.
2 55 watt pc 10k bulbs.

rhomer

One other thing you might notice is that the color change of the first pic to the next pics. I had 12k AB 175 watt MH bulbs and had 2 55 watt pc actinics, and in the remaining pics I have 2 175 watt 20k bulbs and 2 55 watt 10k bulbs. I like the 20ks a whole lot better.
Rob

rev_toni

Hey, I just wanted to comment on the pic of your cat watching the tank...my husband calls my tank CAT TV...lol.

dreamreef

Did the xenia move to the other spots in the tank by itself, or did you put it in other spots, or buy more than one piece?? Tank look fabulous!!

rhomer

Originally Posted by dreamreef
Did the xenia move to the other spots in the tank by itself, or did you put it in other spots, or buy more than one piece?? Tank look fabulous!!

I orginally put 3 stalks in the tank and it spread on its own. I can get it to move if I just dump another rock on top of a group of xenia. They will move to the new rock, and where they were before will start a new stalk.
Rob