Tiger in Rehab

srfisher17

I used to like Tiger; and could again, but not on the path he's on. I saw his choreographed press deal and he ended it with something like..."you will be able to believe in me again", or similar drivel. Sorry, maybe its just me, but he sounded like he thought he was some sort of Deity...he isn't, wasn't, and never will be.
I had someone very close to me die of an addiction and have been active in various re-hab programs for 20 years from grant writing to doing volunteer work as a Licensed Counselor. It has never been my profession, but I think I know a enough to comment. Its hard to believe he's been in re-hab, one of the 1st things they try to teach you is to get out of the "me' phase. At least, he did accept responsibility.
Next move, Tiger, hire John Daly as your personal trainer and lifestyle coach.

bigarn

Aww, Tiger wants his throne back. Like the world won't go on without him!
If you ask me, it's a joke this guy even got air time!!

srfisher17

Originally Posted by bigarn
http:///forum/post/3232015
Aww, Tiger wants his throne back. Like the world won't go on without him!
If you ask me, it's a joke this guy even got air time!!
.....Just heard Limbaugh "quote" someone (right!)...."What ever happened to the good old days when sluts were just sluts and kept their mouths shut?"

bigarn

Originally Posted by srfisher17
http:///forum/post/3232036
.....Just heard Limbaugh "quote" someone (right!)...."What eve happened to the good old days when sluts were just sluts and kept their mouths shut?"
LOL ... Especially when you consider the $$$ they would have made for doing so!

srfisher17

....now one of his "adult film stars" is showing up with Gloria Alred; this always means trouble and $$$$.

stdreb27

Looked to me like he was reading one of those propaganda statements they made the POW's in Vietnam read...

bionicarm

Tiger Woods has had a target on his back since the first time he was on Bob Hope's TV special when he was 5. The media and the golf community is what put him on his pedestal, and now they're they same one's that want to knock him off of it. This entire issue with his infidelity was no one's business from the get go. The only reason it came to light is because the women he did this with saw big $$$$$. I know for a fact there are several other golfers on the PGA Tour that have cheated on their wives as many times, if not more, than Tiger. I've listened to them brag about it when dealing with them at the Texas Open. You don't hear about these dirtbags because they're not even in the Top 125 money list on the Tour. Unfortunately, this has become the norm in our society. Famous people think they are invincible, and money and fame does the talking. It's been going on for decades. Look at the braggarts Wilt Chamberlain and Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Didn't one of them claim they slept with over 20,000 women during their career or some nonsense like that? Didn't seem to affect their careers any.
Tiger Woods wants to put an end to the speculation. I imagine all he really wants to do is get back to what he loves the most - playing golf. He won't be able to do that as long as he's being hounded about these PERSONAL indescretions. Leave the guy alone and let him just do his job.

bigarn

I agree, leave him alone and let him play golf, only because I couldn't care less. Good luck Tiger, and remember from now on you shoud only be shooting for the holes on the green!!

srfisher17

Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/3232100
Tiger Woods has had a target on his back since the first time he was on Bob Hope's TV special when he was 5. The media and the golf community is what put him on his pedestal, and now they're they same one's that want to knock him off of it. This entire issue with his infidelity was no one's business from the get go. The only reason it came to light is because the women he did this with saw big $$$$$. I know for a fact there are several other golfers on the PGA Tour that have cheated on their wives as many times, if not more, than Tiger. I've listened to them brag about it when dealing with them at the Texas Open. You don't hear about these dirtbags because they're not even in the Top 125 money list on the Tour. Unfortunately, this has become the norm in our society. Famous people think they are invincible, and money and fame does the talking. It's been going on for decades. Look at the braggarts Wilt Chamberlain and Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Didn't one of them claim they slept with over 20,000 women during their career or some nonsense like that? Didn't seem to affect their careers any.
Tiger Woods wants to put an end to the speculation. I imagine all he really wants to do is get back to what he loves the most - playing golf. He won't be able to do that as long as he's being hounded about these PERSONAL indescretions. Leave the guy alone and let him just do his job.
If you are well on your way to becoming America's first sports billionaire because of your squeaky clean image; then live with the consequences. His PR people get paid plenty to keep his face in front of me and my kids. As a force-fed consumer of his celebrity....I just feel like knocking him around a little.

bionicarm

http:///forum/post/3232120
If you are well on your way to becoming America's first sports billionaire because of your squeaky clean image; then live with the consequences. His PR people get paid plenty to keep his face in front of me and my kids. As a force-fed consumer of his celebrity....I just feel like knocking him around a little.
Apparently so does everyone else. If you follow golf, you know that a phenom like him hasn't played the game since Palmer and Nicklaus were his age. I've played the sport for 35 years, and I've never seen someone who can work a ball on a course like this guy. When he's playing, he's focused on just one thing - winning. Not sure of the exact number, but I think he's won at least 90% of the tournaments he's played in when he's in the lead in the final round on Sunday. That's why he's the billionaire you describe. No one handed the guy the money like these useless bimbets who feed off the media and live of their parent's or grandparent's money. He never claimed to have a squeaky clean image. That was the perception the media created. If you followed his career, he pretty much kept to himself when he wasn't playing. You didn't see pictures of him hanging out in clubs or bars into the wee hours of the night when he was on tour. Apparently, he just had 'roadies' come to his room that he picked out of the crowd. Like he said, he let his fame get to his head, and figured he'd take advantage of what success brought him. Unless the people who are criticizing him were able to be in his situation, they really don't know what would happen if they had the same opportunities. People say they'd never do something like that, but 'greed breeds contempt'.

meowzer

This entire issue with his infidelity was no one's business from the get go.
I couldn't agree more...and I couldn't care less what he or any other so-called "celebrity" does with their personal lives...

crypt keeper

some of you all are pathtic. The guy banged a few girls. He didnt beat anybody. he didnt kill anybody. he didnt do a bunch of drugs are commit some huge criminal act. Get over yourself. The guy made a mistake only his wife should care about. The rest of us should stop drinking the media kool aid and get on with your life. There are a lot worse things in life. Like flying a plane into a building and killing people.

aquaknight

http:///forum/post/3232209
Unless the people who are criticizing him were able to be in his situation, they really don't know what would happen if they had the same opportunities.
100%. I can think of one other similar guy, Michael Jordan. Oh wait, he cheated too.
Like I said in the first thread, it's easy to criticize someone for speeding in their Ferrari when you're driving a Tercel. Very few people know what it's like to never hear no.

nw2salt08

If this were a problem between a common man and wife then no one would hear about it. That is an issue best left for them to decide the fate of. The only issue I see about it is the fact that he's supposed to be a role model to aspiring young golfers and I don't find his immoral decisions very appropriate for the media to display all over for those young golfers to see. They'll think that infidelity is ok and it's not. Our society has become used to and has accepted infidelity as an every day occurance that should be overlooked because it's "not a problem."
Let's try a new fad..... Faithfulness is the new red!

srfisher17

Originally Posted by Nw2Salt08
http:///forum/post/3232264
If this were a problem between a common man and wife then no one would hear about it. That is an issue best left for them to decide the fate of. The only issue I see about it is the fact that he's supposed to be a role model to aspiring young golfers and I don't find his immoral decisions very appropriate for the media to display all over for those young golfers to see. They'll think that infidelity is ok and it's not. Our society has become used to and has accepted infidelity as an every day occurance that should be overlooked because it's "not a problem."
Let's try a new fad..... Faithfulness is the new red!

What a novel idea! I couldn't agree more.

srfisher17

http:///forum/post/3232209
Apparently so does everyone else. If you follow golf, you know that a phenom like him hasn't played the game since Palmer and Nicklaus were his age. I've played the sport for 35 years, and I've never seen someone who can work a ball on a course like this guy. When he's playing, he's focused on just one thing - winning. Not sure of the exact number, but I think he's won at least 90% of the tournaments he's played in when he's in the lead in the final round on Sunday. That's why he's the billionaire you describe. No one handed the guy the money like these useless bimbets who feed off the media and live of their parent's or grandparent's money. He never claimed to have a squeaky clean image. That was the perception the media created. If you followed his career, he pretty much kept to himself when he wasn't playing. You didn't see pictures of him hanging out in clubs or bars into the wee hours of the night when he was on tour. Apparently, he just had 'roadies' come to his room that he picked out of the crowd. Like he said, he let his fame get to his head, and figured he'd take advantage of what success brought him. Unless the people who are criticizing him were able to be in his situation, they really don't know what would happen if they had the same opportunities. People say they'd never do something like that, but 'greed breeds contempt'.
No doubt, watching Tiger play is always amazing. I played golf from about 5th grade until I was 60 (2 yrs ago). I took the game very seriously for many years. It was either give up the game or have a 3rd shoulder surgery. I hate to have stooped to the level of celebrity-bashing, the new American pastime, but I guess I have. I own (ed) a little stock (very little) in a few companies that paid Tiger millions. The idea was that these millions would be a profitable investment, because of the good-will & image of Tiger Woods. This is my feeble excuse for whining, but I'm sticking with it.
I've always believed that curling was the finest sport on earth; because nobody pays any attention to it, except the players. (Don't knock it until you try it, it really is a wonderful sport.)
Tiger will bounce back; unlike Dan Quayle, whose career was ruined by adding an "e" to potato. I really wanted Quayle to go places; because I mooned his wife's Sorority House while a freshman in college. Thus ends the most horrible piece of drivel ever posted on this forum....its the drugs they prescribe.

bionicarm

http:///forum/post/3232512
No doubt, watching Tiger play is always amazing. I played golf from about 5th grade until I was 60 (2 yrs ago). I took the game very seriously for many years. It was either give up the game or have a 3rd shoulder surgery. I hate to have stooped to the level of celebrity-bashing, the new American pastime, but I guess I have. I own (ed) a little stock (very little) in a few companies that paid Tiger millions. The idea was that these millions would be a profitable investment, because of the good-will & image of Tiger Woods. This is my feeble excuse for whining, but I'm sticking with it.
I've always believed that curling was the finest sport on earth; because nobody pays any attention to it, except the players. (Don't knock it until you try it, it really is a wonderful sport.)
Tiger will bounce back; unlike Dan Quayle, whose career was ruined by adding an "e" to potato. I really wanted Quayle to go places; because I mooned his wife's Sorority House while a freshman in college. Thus ends the most horrible piece of drivel ever posted on this forum....its the drugs they prescribe.
I've been watching curling pretty religiously on the Winter Olympics. Looks kinda like 'shuffleboard on ice'. The men got lucky against the French the other day.