Tiggerguy - Thought I'd start our own thread

alohami

Well, I just re-read my response to you. Duh, it says you are from Cheboygan. :rolleyes: I remember noticing that before now that I see it again. Anyway...that could work out really well, I camp at Aloha at least a couple of times each summer, so should be able to work something out!

tiggerguy

aloha state park huh... damn that is realy realy close to my house.. yeah that will work out realy well so that is where your aloha name comes from and i am wondering if you would be interested in blue crabs or not.. my lfs gives me 1 dollar credt for the ones i bring him.. but i would rather trade.. hey told me he has never hear of them multiplying in a reef tank before.. but they do in mine i started out with 25 blues and 5 reds and now i have tanken 30 blues to him and 5 reds still have around 45 blues and probably ten reds in my tank..

alohami

Yeah, that's where the Aloha comes from. Been going there for years! I would probably be interested in the blue legs. Like I mentioned before, I'm just getting started, hoping to start cycling by the end of the month.
I don't know how fast things will grow, so it may be a bit before I will have anything to share, but I'd be interested in swapping when I am able.
BTW, does Cheboygan even have a fish store? I don't remember there being one.
I'll keep you posted! :)

tiggerguy

cheboyan fish store yeah the call it walmart.. that is the closest thing to a fish store here. Just starting out to myself well kinda.. had tank up about 7 months now.. nano only about 3 weeks. working on getting 4 tank i have one fresh water.. will always have it.. 55 gal with angels in it.. have to have one i can let the kids feed themselves. i dont dare let them try to feed my 35 with the puffer.. hell i am afraid he is going to bite me one of these times.. yeah i hand feed him.. hes spoiled.. only way he eats. working on getting a 55 gal salt up right now.. and might have 125 coming soon.. problem is i have and OLD house.. an have to add braces where i would want a big tank.. not fun.. but it will get done..
and back to the lfs i am done with him.. going to find a cheaper place to get stuff.he wants way to much for verything lfs is in petoskey buy the way.. 1 drive to pay to much

alohami

I wondered. I couldn't remember a pet store anywhere around up there. If you can't get what you need at Wal-Mart, you're pretty much S.O.L. right? Don't know if you have lived there long enough to remember, but I still miss the old B&C and The Other Place. We've thought about wanting to move up there, but not a lot up there job wise and such. For now, have to be happy with visiting a few times a summer.
Yeah, our house is old too...built 1895...so we will have to do some reinforcing in order to go with a bigger tank. That's why I'm starting out small. Then again, as much as I have spent on that probably won't be able to afford anything else! lol.

tiggerguy

B&C what i that... i have lived here four 5 years only.. this house only 9 months.. long story short.. this is my second house here in cheboygan.. bought first one with her.. big mistake. she got to keep house business and property and me i got nothing.. and i have you beat on the age think.. best estimate is they know my house was built before 1880 nobody can pin point the date.. but there has not been muc dont the house since then.. still no insulation in the walls.. still all the old plaster.. when i moved in the hole house was on one little 15 am breaker.. and as for jobs up here.. nope there aint any.. still looking for new one after getting laid off in nov.. but on the plus side i have time for the fish and to work on the house.. the down side.. no extra money to put into the house.
And as for walmart only thing i get for fish there is the krill for my puffer and flake food for my angels.. other than they they are pretty useless.

alohami

B&C was the name before it turned into Glens. That was awhile ago though, probably back in the 80's when I was a kid.
Your house sounds a lot like ours. The only way we have a date pinpointed at all is we uncovered some newspapers on the wall when we gutted it. Finally got it sided this year. Only took 7 years from start to finish!
We're in the maybe stage of a layoff. Hubby has a 50/50 chance, will know by the end of the month. Hope not, then I will have to pick up more hours and no extra $$$ for fishy stuff.

tiggerguy

at least he knows he might get laid off.. we were told comapy was doing better than ever.. two days prior to our lay off.. and i as only two weeks away from my paid vacation time.. two weeks paid off. ohh well.. hope he dont get laid off..