Tilefish?!?!?!

big dave

Hey guys, this is my first new topic in a while so here goes. My question is about the care of these guys. I do not own one and was wondering what their care would be. I have seen places online that say they don't ship well and aren't that hardy. A guy I work with says if you do get them, they usually will find somewhere to jump out. Is this true?? If i were to purchase one, would it be ok in a 29 gallon reef? What do they eat? They look like gobies are they related??

fshhub

they cna be kept in the tank by making sure your cover is fit properly, leavin no spaces around the filter
bluejaw tilefish:
Pale blue markings cover my face and light yellow body that darkens as it goes towards my tail. My diet is a variety of marine fish, crustacean flesh and mysid shrimp. I prefer to be feed at least 3 times a day. I am hardy in captivity if provided with at least 3 inches of mixed substrate for burrowing. I can grow up to 3.9 inches and should be kept in a 29-gallon or larger aquarium. I will spawn in captivity. For more detailed information
purple:
I have a solid purple coloration with darker markings highlighting a V on my tail. My diet is a variety of marine fish, crustacean flesh and mysid shrimp. I prefer to be feed at least 3 times a day. I am hardy in captivity if provided with at least 3 inches of mixed substrate for burrowing. I can grow up to 3.9 inches and should be kept in a 20-gallon or larger aquarium. I will spawn in captivity. For more detailed information,
HTH
[ December 12, 2001: Message edited by: fshhub ]
[ December 12, 2001: Message edited by: fshhub ]

fshhub

send me an email to
fish2day@gmpexpress.net
I'll give you some info and compatibility charts which are a little large to post here
oh yeah, in subject line, title it aquarium, so I don't discard it acidentally
[ December 14, 2001: Message edited by: fshhub ]