tiny bubbles

striper

:D Now that i got my fuge going how do i stop all the tiny bubbles comming from my return pump

switch

agh i have the same problem! :mad: my sump is fairly small (wet/dry trickle filter) and the skimmer and the return pump only just fit and can only fit one way because of the shape of the skimmer, so the outlet of water from the skimmer drops right above the intake of the pump.
I cover the the skimmer outlet with 'filter wool' to try and stop the water from splashing but a few bubbles still get through.
I was also told that those small bubbles can be bad for fish as well :notsure:

striper

I don't know what to do. I have two baffles and I don't see any bubbles going into the intake of the pump.I added a second tee with a ball valve to the feed line and having it dump back into the fuge thinking maybe the pump is cavitating and the second valve would rid some of the air my feed pump is a little giant 3000 rpms don't know how many gph it pumps but it's got plenty of head pressure I'm going up 7' with 3 90s running half inch pvc piping and if I open the valve all the way i could blow everything out of my display tank help

mbowker

the aqua clear type sponge, can be cut to fit into the baffle area. all water has to go through the sponge and it takes away all of the tiny bubbles, if you still get a little bit , cut another piece and add one more on top of the other, guaranteed to work

larrynews

i read on here somewhere to run the skimmer return water back into the bio ball of the system....and i did and it works great...sometimes i still get them but not like i did before hth