Tiny Clam?

percy-cin

We picked up some LR yesterday and today I noticed something in my tank. There was a little white speck floating on top of the water. At first, I thought it was a large grain of sand. But the closer it drifted towards me, the more I could tell it was a shell. At first, I thought it was a very tiny crab shell like you get in your live rock. But I noticed it was shaped differently. It's shaped like a clam shell. It was too small to get a good pic, but I attached one that will give you an idea of how small it is. What are the chances of there being a live clam inside? Also, if I can keep it from getting stuck in the filter, could it live and grow in my tank? Lastly, is it more likely just an empty shell that floated up out of my live sand?

renogaw

if you got live rock, it's possible you got cleaner clams, or some other type of clam in the rock, even possibly eggs etc. if it's floating though, it probably was dead/full of air. i have a cleaner clam that's encrusted in my rock, and some smaller ones that didn't make it.