Tiny office tank.

spline9

To prevent further thread hijacking. I started a new thread.
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/show...15#post1043915
The above link is the original thread for those interested.
Originally posted by Clown52
What do you do about the weekends? You don't have any fish in the .5 do you?
Its only been running for a week so far. I was going to leave it on the weekends but since there have been people in the office this last weekend, they have been turning on the light for me (they are pretty facinated by it). As for food, I make sure feed them well on Friday.
And no... no fish. No intention on putting one in that small of a tank.
Originally posted by Clown52
Btw Spline love that avatar!

Thanks! Its pre-ultra UltraPeePee. :D
edit: some reason my tags arent working right. Could a mod fix this for me please? Thanks.

jacknjill

you should set up a big 100 + gallon tank for your office building. your co workers would love that if they like the invert tank.

aquaman

Get a timer for the lights. Also you could get an automatic feeder for your tank on the weekends, but depending on what you have in there they can go for 1 or 2 days with no food. This is not cruel, because in the wild they do not get as much food as they do in a tank, nor do they burn the same amount of energy they would on the reef.

spline9

JacknJill: unfortunately im pressed for space in the office. Here, let me show you a pic of what sort of space I'm dealing with...
Heh.
I would love to have a 100 gal tank for my apt even. Unfortunately I'm already pushing my luck because we are limited to 25 gallons on 2nd floor apartments. I have a 29g. *shh*

Aquaman: I actually am going to get a timer for the lights. I also found a tiny heater (Jr. Aquatics' Junior Heater) for the tank. It seems perfect for the pico.
"The Junior Heater is designed as a preset tank warmer and will assist in controlling the water temperature in aquariums between 2 and 5 gallons in size. 4 inch / 7.5 watt"
...and yeah, I wasnt too worried about them not eating for a couple days over the weekend. I feed them well during the week anyhow. :)

spline9

Heres a pic of the shrimp. I was talking to a co-worker, then looked back and saw that the thing had just molted! I totally missed it. Wouldve been neat to see.

jacknjill

thats cool. i see what you do at "work" lol. cough cough (x-box) what i meant about the big tank is like set it up in the lobby or something and use their money. this guy recently set up a big tank for the hospital and they paid him for it.

spline9

Originally posted by JacknJill
thats cool. i see what you do at "work" lol. cough cough (x-box) what i meant about the big tank is like set it up in the lobby or something and use their money. this guy recently set up a big tank for the hospital and they paid him for it.

Considering I do "software QA" (<--see side) and the fact that there is a lack of a PC on my workstation... Ok so you cant see the entire desk but I assure you the other side of the TV looks similar, sans pico tank. ...I'll leave it up to your imagination on what it is that I exactly do. Hehe.

As for setting up a tank for the office in general... I dont know if they'd be up for that since the company doesnt actually own the building. The company made an announcement recently that we may be moving in the next few months. I have thought that it would be cool to have a large tank in the lobby but I wouldnt want to deal with it if it werent my own. ...unless they paid me WELL for its care.