Tipping for Curbside pickup

shogun323

So you drive up to your local Applebees for some Curbside to go. The girl walks out with the food and the bill. Do you tip her?
From years of working in the restarant industry I end up tipping out of guilt but feel you shouldnt due to the fact that walking a bag of food to my truck is not much of a service.

bigarn

it would probably depend on the mood I was in. but most likely a couple of bucks. got to do our part to stimulate the economy ya know.

renogaw

if i go in to pick up the food, no tip. if curbside doesn't take 4 hours, then yea, i'll give a few bucks. pizza delivery in ice storm, a 30-40% tip

kjr_trig

I would like to know what the employees working the curbside attendant position make an hour....Anyone know? More than a server, but less than a cook I suspect?

t316

I say NO, hence the reason I am picking up. If I wanted service, I would have come in and sat down.

lovethesea

we did our first "curside p/u" on New Years eve. We ordered 2 bloomin' onions from Outback. We gave the guy a couple of bucks.

The pizza guy in the snow is double tipped.

aquaknight

https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/98450/ot-tipping-on-carry-out-orders
Originally Posted by 007
Absolutely . . . and here's why. For one thing, I worked in the resturant business for several years as a server and I can attest that tipping on carryout orders is definitely fair.
Granted that it is true that the person giving you the order does not refil your drinks, or clear your table . . . however much more work than most people think goes into getting an order together. The person makes sure that you get the correct order and rings in your food. Once it gets made, in a busy resturant, the person must make sure they they actually get the correct food from the kitchen . . . not always an easy task . . . they also make sure that any special requests are filled and they also ensure that all necessary condiments/utensils are there in the bag. Furthermore they make sure that the food stays hot. All this so that you can walk in the door hand over payment and walk out the door in the minimal amount of time.
Now granted I don't think that 20% is necessary, however at LEAST 10% . . . .
Yes. I even tip when I have to walk in and get the food from the bar. Pretty sure at most restaurants, it's a standard server, making standard server coin that does curbside.

sigmachris

I voted a few bucks but it is really about 10% for a curbside / in restaurant pick up. If I am eating in 20% is my standard for tipping unless it is horrible service. So I figure half my normal tip since they are not filling 3 rounds of sodas, cleaning up the food droppings from my toddlers, etc.