Tips On Catching Puffer Asap Pls

pappa d

hey everyone, i have never taken this dogface out of my tank before so any tips on catching him would be greatly appreciated. he is about 5-6 inches and im scared to use a net, at least a the smaller one i have. I'm going to try to run to a close lfs to buy the biggest net they have but i was wondering if yo ucould catch them with your hands? i know that sounds stupid but i just am scared of him getting caught in the net. anyone who has ever transported your puffer please give some advice

fish1031

i don't know but it sounds very hard to catch with you hands.
i've caught porcys in a net before.

shwanshark

Do not remove any puffer with a net. If they swallow air, it can mess them up. Instead, remove it in a large bowl of water. That way the fish is always submerged. This is very important.

pappa d

ok thanks, and i was planning on bringing my maroon clown with him. should i use a different bucket or should it be fine to keep the two together for the car ride?

shwanshark

My dogface is the most mild mannered fish in my tank. From my personal experience, I think you would be fine keeping them in the same bucket for a short car ride.