to any EMPEROR 400 owners

bert23

i just installed my new EMPEROR 400 onto my 55 . everything is running OK but i have small bubbles in the tank from the new filter. is this normal and will it go away.
THANKS

arkey.d

I have some small bubbles in my 55gal with my Emperor 400. Nothing to bad, it does depend on how high you fill your water line up to. I have mine up pretty high only a half inch from the top of the aquarium.

woodymdt

Any problem with the impellar on the Emporer? I heard from another hobbyist that the salt was bad on the impellers from the Emporer filters.

volitan100

Originally posted by woodymdt
Any problem with the impellar on the Emporer? I heard from another hobbyist that the salt was bad on the impellers from the Emporer filters.

nope, not mine.

jgterrywv

I have the 400 and no bubble problems. It has been in service for about 8 years. I replaced the impeller once.

loopy

I was just told on another thread in another board that my 400 was too small for my 55 gallon. Opinions on this would be much appreciated. It just seems every time I turn around something isn't good enough or I've done something wrong or I have the wrong stupid fish and I am getting more frustrated than anything else at this point. So what do you all think about the emporer 400 in a 55. (fish only tank)

arkey.d

The 400 is rated for 30-80gallon aquariums at 400gph. That's right off of the pequin booklet and there are loads of people using them for 55gal aquariums, me included!
The person who told you that doesn't know what he/she is talking about. Tell him to research before he answers or recommends something.