TO JESS

porkypuffer

DO YOU HAVE THE PUFFER AND BOX IN THE SAME TANK? IF SO, DO THEY GET ALONG? I WANTED TO GET A DOG FACE PUFFER BUT THE LFS SAID THEY WOULDN'T GET ALONG. I MAINLY FEED MY PUFFER FEEDERS. I HAVE PUT A FROOZEN CUBE OF ALGEA FOR MY FOXFACE AND ANGEL AND THE PUFFER HAS SUCKED IT DOWN WHOLE. THEN SHE SETTELS TO THE BOTTOM FOR AWHILE, I GUESS TO GET OVER HER BRAIN FREEZE.
[This message has been edited by PORKYPUFFER (edited 03-07-2000).]
[This message has been edited by PORKYPUFFER (edited 03-07-2000).]

jess

Yes, my Yellow spotted boxfish get along great with my puffer. I have never had a fish that had not gotten along with my puffer. This person at the LFS seems to be giving you wrong info. There is no reason they should not be together, there both peacful. Just make sure if you get any kind of boxfish, its with resonable peacful fish. If you have any other questions just ask. Oh, and if you wanted to put two puffers in the same tank you can do that. I did and it worked. Just make sure your tank is big and there well feed. They might be a little aggrisive with each other at first.
[This message has been edited by Jess (edited 03-08-2000).]

porkypuffer

MY TANK IS 55 GAL. 1 PORK PUFFER ABOUT 5", 1 FOXFACE ABOUT 5", 1 PICASO TRIGGER ABOUT 2.5" AND 1 CORAL BEAUTY ABOUT 2.5". THEY ALL GET ALONG FINE EXCEPT AROUND FEEDIND TIME IF THE TRIGGER GETS ALITTLE TOO CLOSE TO THE PUFFER, THE PUFFER RUNS HIM OFF. I DID HAVE A VALINTNI PUFFER TILL HE DIED. I NEVER SAW THEM FIGHT.

jess

Your tank is a little small. Its fine for now but you can't really add anymore fish. And the Trigger and puffer both get about 10' each. When the puffer is full gorwn you will need nothing smaller then a 80g.

porkypuffer

IN A YEAR OR TWO WHEN THE PUFFER AND TRIGGER GET TOO LARGE, I HAVE PLANS TO SET UP, AT LEAST A 125 GAL FISH ONLY AND TURN THE 55 GAL INTO A REEF TANK.