To many bubbles!!!

sprieto

I got a Prism Pro (up to 200g) for my 180g tank.
At its lowest setting it is spitting out to many bubbles, on high it is just crazy.
What do I do??????????

volcom69

If its new u have to give it time to break in sometimes the break in period can be from a couple of days to a couple of weeks.

saltfan

And, they are very sensitive to additives to the water column. If I were you ( I have the Deluxe Model for 300g), I would watch what I introduced into the tank. I had the same problem until I stopped using a certain slime coat, stress additive. Mine works fine as long as I don't ad anyting but salt to the system. BTW, I'm getting rid of it for a CoraLife 220.

reefrobert

Hey Sprieto, I have the same thing going on with my skilter 250 that I turned on today!
the skimmer is making millions of tiny bubbles in my tank. I am hope its just a new thing and not a cheap thing!

dfox

Like volcom said, the skimmer just needs to break in. My Prizm Deluxe produced a lot of bubbles in the tank during the first few hours. I think with in a day, they were gone, and after another day or two, it started to pull brown stuff from the water. Also, during the first week, I had to adjust valve that controls the air/water mix, gradually increasing more air. If you increase it too fast, you'll usually end up with lots of clean water in your collection cup. Sometimes people complain about their collection cup actually overflowing.

sprieto

Thanks everybody..........
I think it has to do with the air plug and the water flow valve.
I was playing with them and got a little improvement, but am still working on it.
I seems like a good skimmer, i hope I can bet the bugs out.
Thank you all...........