To much Light ?

queek

Is there such a thing as to much light for mushroom corals?
Where is the best placement for these ?
Thanks
Queek

razoreqx

Originally posted by queek
Is there such a thing as to much light for mushroom corals?
Where is the best placement for these ?
Thanks
Queek

Yes there is a thing as too much light. Your corals will fold up and let you know it too :)
If thier polyps are coming out then I wouldnt worry about it.

razoreqx

Also you'll find mushrooms in muddy murky lighting in the ocean so you can put them almost anywhere and they'll grow..

queek

How many days would you wait till you think you should move them?. I have had mine in the tank for about 4 days and they are still all shrunkin up and dont look to happy. I have them under a rock ledge so they are not getting full lighting and the water flow is off of them as well.
thanks
Queek

wax32

If they are shrunk up in a low light area I would test for ammonia/nitrates. Make sure that they are getting at least SOME light. Try moving them to a slightly more lit area... give a couple days or so between moves. Shrooms are pretty hardy so you shouldn't kill them too easily. :D

queek

NH3/NH4+ - 0, NO2- 0, NO3- 0, Ph - 8.2, SG - 1.023 Temp 77, Ca 440, KH- 9dh
These are all good numbers so I dont think its the water. Maybe need to get them to more light and keep an eye on them.
Thanks for the help guys, great board to be a part of. Dont see to many flames and trolls here so makes me feel better about the advice given here.
Queek

wax32

Any time! My rics are kinda picky, I have way more light than the LFS had on the tank they came out of, I'm keeping them pretty shaded but not really in the shade if that makes any sense. :D