Tomato Clown digging a hole

scotikis

I have a 2" Tomato clown in my 125 FOWLR and every morning he has dug a hole in the front corner of the sand and is sitting in it. I have a deep sand bed and I'm wondering if his digging will release nitrates into the tank?
Also, does this new behavior indicate some other problem that I'm not noticing? H2o parameters are within range and currently it's just this Clown and a basslet in the tank.
I'd appreciate some thoughts. Thank you.
Scott

teen

the clown is most likely just hosting and if the tank is bare, he just decided to host in his little territory.
in a 125 that little bit oif disturbance wont make a difference in your n03's.

S

sickwithick

I have 2 clowns, smaller then yours and they dig aswell. I thought it was something that they do when they don't have any an Anemones to play in.

teen

Originally Posted by sickwithICK
http:///forum/post/2998944
I have 2 clowns, smaller then yours and they dig aswell. I thought it was something that they do when they don't have any an Anemones to play in.
exactly. its nature for them to host, once they set up there territory or area they feel comfortable in, they'll normally try and host something, whether it be an anemone, a rock, a coral, a clam or even the sand bed.