too many fish?

mvogel2

thinking about what will go in my 125 gallon tank once it gets cycled...
i wanted some schooling fish. So i was thinking about getting something like 5 chromis.
I don't want to waste my whole bioload on one type of fish though, i was wondering if these fish produce a lot of waste...is 5 too many?
i also wanted to eventually have
2 percs
1 blue morpho (regal) tang
1 coral beauty
1 mandarin
1 ????? mid sized fish ?????? maybe purple tang
eventually a clam and some coral, once i get a MH setup and get established
along with your basic clean up crew
it will be a reef tank with a 4'' sand bed and about 50 lbs of live rock to seed another 60lbs of base rock.
thanks for any input
matt:cool:

clarkiiboi

It sounds ok to me, but wait on the mandarin till your tank gets a good pod population. The purple and the regal, I am not sure about to give any good info. Chromis---best to add at least 3 and more than 4. HTH.

nm reef

Sounds like a magageable list to me...but I would suggest additional LR. Plus I'd advise that the manderian not be added until the system is mature and well established.:cool:

mvogel2

thanks everyone... i won't be adding the mandarin for at least 6 months, probably closer to nine...
would it be ok to add all 5 chromis at one time? Or would that cause too much of a cycle? I wouldn't care if i added them slower i just figured they may get along better if they were all added at once.
thanks
matt