Too many purple mushrooms!!!

flyersfan

I am over run with purple muchrooms! I started out with only 4, now I have close to 100. They're attached to all the rocks and the bottom of the tank. They're really nice looking but I cant deal with them anymore. Any ideas?

jackri

Let them grow I say... just set stuff on top of them if you want to add coral and the mushrooms will really fill in all the empty spaces nicely.. but just me --- giving them to alix is a good idea too :D

drtito

Get them on frag plugs and trade for stuff you need or cold hard cash. I am sure people will pay for them or trade up.

thebeadlady

How funny I just bought a rock with 8 purple mushrooms on it........cost me $32.99 and tax. I hope I have some to sell soon....

Karen

jahleon

If you need help I would like to take some off your hands. I just Got a plate this strange frag. Where are you located

janastasio

Check with a local pet store, they may be willing to give you store credit for them so that you can buy other corals for your tank! Also post on CL, I bet you might be surprised how many people would pay you for them! You can attach them to small pieces of rubble rock with rubber bands, usually if the band are not too tight (and not to loose) the shrooms will attach to the rock. You could easily get $5.00 per piece and its a good deal for the buyer too

nano reefer

i just killed 12 in my tank. a dose of lemon juice and joes juice. the 3 big ones are still left, i will have to give another round.

My red mushrooms are multiplying like crazy along with my hermits. I just gather some up every once in awhile and my lfs gives me credit for something else.