too many snails!!!

becka

PLease tell me how to get rid of baby snails in my tank. They are all over the sides, little white dots :notsure:
Thanks!!!!!!

Are you sure they are snails? SOunds like some sort of pod or somthing to me... Are they small white round looking things, squiggly looking?
Kim

ophiura

Are they little white dots that are solid and don't move? They would be hard if you touched them. These are possibly spirorbid worms, that commonly grow on the glass. When a bit larger, you may see that they are growing in a spiral. That is possibly what they are....

becka

that sounds like exactly what they are. They are hard and are all attached to the glass, I have tried to wipe them off but they keep coming back. ANy suggestions on what to do, how to get rid of them? Do you know what causes them? Thank you !!!!:help: :confused:

yosemite sam

How old is your tank? They are filter feeders, and people get them often in young tanks. Besides getting everywhere, they aren't really pests. I had them in a few tanks, and they went away, or at least there were very few of them, once the tanks matured.

becka

I have had it set about about a year but we moved 4 months ago. We moved only 10 minutes away so everything was kept the same. So basically just wait and they should go away?

debbie

If it is the ones on the glass you are wanting to get rid of just use your algae scraper and they come right off. Since I have added 5 margarita snails to my tank I have noticed that I don't have as many on the glass....:happyfish :happyfish

I agree with Ophuira aNd everyone else for that matter.. :yes:
I had them in all 3 of my tanks at one time or another. They just went away, I did scrape them at one time or another too... But then I was told they were a good thing and let them be.. they went away.. (from the glass)
Kim

clown52

I just scrape them off my glass and leave the rest. I just don't like the way they look on the glass.