too many tangs continued:

steve40

I saw a tang in a small tank (about 20 gallons) at the lfs and it just swam from one side of the tank to the other back and forth like it was trapped and I felt really bad for it. I would definately assume that a 29 would be too small for it and it would basically just get claustrophobic.

flamehawk

I'm exhausted w/ this topic. I also believe that you are somehow trying to bait folks into another debate. Since you state that you read the other post , you should have ample information to make your call. If you want more info., do a search on this board for past messages on tangs. I'm sure you will find ample opinions which I suppose you can choose to follow or not. The unfortunate part is that it's the fish who end up suffering as well as the future of the hobby if you choose not to.

sting_ray29

I jsut wanted to say that it is just a fish. Just because it looks better than a goldfish, doesn't make it better... You see, if you really do believe it is cruel to keep this fish in a 29 gallon tank, you should not have any tanks at all- that is unless you can get a 1,000 gallon tank like in their real environment. Even if the tang was in a 150 gallon tank, it still cannot do half the things it would do in the wild..
Are you against fishing? It is cruel for the fish to get a hook in it's mouth and all-
You could say it would be a better investment to put it in a larger tank, because it would live longer.

nestofbyrds

this is enough to turn people away from this forum. a newbe like me looks for good valuable info, not a bunch of people stroken themselves and cutting each other up. i think the mods should control some of this junk.

joez

His arguement, while appearing quite extreme is understandable.
He's saying: If you are going to be crule enough to take fish out of their natural environment and put them into glass cages, why not put the ones you want in? Unless you have an extremely large tank, it's still a glass prison no matter what size until you start reaching the thousands of gallons size.

Now I disagree to a certain extent (because this is taken to an extreme), but understand the arguement.