Too much iodine?

jmestayer1

I have been reading that you should supplement iodine for corals. I cannot find an iodine test anywhere to see what mine is at. Should I add iodine anyway? Can you have too much iodine? What is a good supplement if I should use it?

ophiura

I do not recommend adding it - certainly if you are not testing it!!
I would stop, immediately, until you can test it.

shawnlx86

Originally Posted by Jmestayer1
I have been reading that you should supplement iodine for corals. I cannot find an iodine test anywhere to see what mine is at. Should I add iodine anyway? Can you have too much iodine? What is a good supplement if I should use it?
you can order it from this website under aquarium supplies!

whitey_028

I dose wit when my xenia stops pulstating as fast as it usually does about every 2 to 3 weeks but i also test fo it also...

rbrockm1

ive done weekly water changes with no additives and been doing fine. Never add something you can't test for. usually ends in poor water quality.

acrylic51

Originally Posted by whitey_028
I dose wit when my xenia stops pulstating as fast as it usually does about every 2 to 3 weeks but i also test fo it also...
The xenia not pulsating has nothing to do with iodine......

ophiura

When my corals aren't opening right, it is usually a sign for a water change, which is the first thing to cross my mind.

acrylic51

Originally Posted by ophiura
When my corals aren't opening right, it is usually a sign for a water change, which is the first thing to cross my mind.
Agree....usually mine is my leather which is so touchy to my Alk......