too much light?

pufferfan

Would a 20" 1x96W Coralife Aqualight CF hood w/ Quad 50/50
be too much for a 10 gallon nano? Im sure ill have to set up some sort of fan to keep it cool, but otherwise would it be okay? Thanks.

overanalyzer

ON my 20 I have 150 watts of VHO - the only thing you have to worry about is the evaporation rate and the acclimitization of the corals to that amount of light - I have looked at a similar set-up but it was about the same cost for me either way ....

marvida

I have 3X32W on my 10 gal. They are 5 1/2" off the water & the back of the hood is open. The tank is in an air conditioned office. I don't experience any heat problems.
Ken

zack schwartz

As already stated about evaporation , for my nano I drip kalk to keep water steady, idea you may want to think about.

marvida

I second the kalk drip. Evaporation was the only issue I had. You may need to adjust the strength of your kalk depending on what's in your tank. I use a half teaspoon per gallon. I got that from reading some of Brooklyn Johnny's posts. Work's really well for me.

marvida

Kalk, aka kalkwasser is simply German for lime water. Do a search on kalk or kalkwasser & you will get a couple of days of reading. Do a search on the internet & you will find a ton of great articles.