Too much/little live rock?

ctm474

Just started my tank back up - 29g - it finished it's cycle about 2 months ago, but the lack of time i've had to set up a QT is keeping my from buying any livestock yet. I had planned on FOWLR but since my live rock started with one lone button polyp - 1 month later there are six, maybe i should change it to FOWLR...and a little coral. Now is it possible to have too much LR?

ctm474

Thanks. Not much compared to some of great looking tanks I have seen on this site. The only fish i was thinking of was maybe a Royal Gramma or a Diamond Goby.

sandiegan

both those fish should be fine I think. I don't think you can have too much LR. It looks like you have about the same amt of LR as I do, I have around 75#. 2 percs, 1 firefish, soon to have 2 goldline gobies. BTW tank looks great!

ctm474

Thanks! I'll keep the pics going as soon as I can get the QT set up and get something in there. Hopefully this weekend unless i end up on call again. I would also like to get a sump to hid the heater and protein skimmer. Being only 29g I kind of need all the extra space i can get.

amandadee

ctm, your tank looks great! How much live rock is that? I have a 29 too but haven't figured out how much/which kind/where to buy lr.