Too much macro !!?

wetone

I have macro algae (couple types of caulerpa and a few others) growing from my LR like weeds !! I have been clipping it back and throwing some out and other stalks I elastic band to rubble rock in my sump and its growing in there too ( no special lights either just light from ceiling)
I know (think) that all this growth is a good sign and helps keep my nitrates down but its starting to cover some corals, polyps and other smaller neighbors.
Any thoughts on this?? Is it good or bad??
I know I can keep weeding, I might get a tang.
Tank looks great no slime or hair...nitrates and phosphates are undetectable and corals are growing like weeds too ( I have a colt that I need to try and cut and grow some frags.....just need some balls to try it!!) :)

krazzydart

Just one of those "unsolved mysteries" :D are you sure your phosphates are not high??? are you using alot of additives,calcium, iodine,ect.... if so cut back a bit... else bring it (the carlarpa) to your LFS and maybe he might trade you some stuff for it..... That is what I do!!! :D ;) you just have good water <<<<>>>>,,,, I guess :eek: !!!!