top-off water?

youmademeink

I know that as the water evaporates from my tank I have to top it off with fresh RO water, but how do I do that? I don't have a sump or fuge. I have about various drip systems, but how does that work, and how do you keep it looking nice, my DT is not in a wall. I would think that if it has a drip system, that it would be unsightly. Any help or advice you can give would be great. Thanks in advance. :help:

f14peter

I have a sump, which interestingly is where changes in water level are reflected, the level in the tank itself remains constant.
I merely take a gallon of RO/Di water in a jug (An emptied distilled water jug) and get the water at or very close to tank temperature and pour it slowly right in the tank, usually in an area hit by a powerhead so it gets mixed up quickly with the saltwater. Since my RO/DI bucket is in an unclimate controlled area it's pretty cool, so I'll usually just stick the jug in the sink with warm water until it's up to temp.
I've heard too of automated top-off system, but that would require a float-valve in the tank, and of course plumbing from the source (Be it an RO/DI unit, or a resevoir that's periodically topped off).