Total noob looking to start an aquarium

purebullet

ha where on the island do u live theres alot of good stores around the island so u shouldnt have much trouble finding quality fish

purebullet

oh btw about that tank if you want to keep corals you will need to change the lights and from what iv heard bio whells dont do much but i dont know from experence and the price is ok and is a good deal for what it is

ilikeeels

I live in Miller Place, close to Port Jeff. I know Brians aquarium is pretty good, what are some others? And also, would puffers and eels go with coral because when i go to them it says it can't go with reef.

purebullet

im not realy sure on the puffer and eel with corals but some good stores are aquahut in corum(sp?) country critters in patchague(sp?) and for somethings pets wherehouse in copaigue

biggredd

your missing out if you don't know what craigslist is. I have bought and sold everything on there, like a big garage sale. craiglist dot com
I bought 2 tanks on there, live rock, fish, sand, kitchen table, weed whacker, found my singer for my band, found people to haul away rubbish in my yard, etc, etc and more etc.