Totally confused about lighting

thamobster

hey i was recently talked into by the lfs to buy the aqualight 36 inch lunar light..it comes with the 96w actinics and 10000k daylight and 2 lunar lights..ive read some posts on how to set them up on a timer but im not sure what to go with..will this setup work
7am-10am actinic
10am -6pm actinic and 10000k
6pm-9pm actinic
then 9pm-7 am lunar lights
does this seem like to much lighting ..if so what do i need to do...and also i have two anemones..one being a bta...im totally confused about these metal halide bulbs..can i run my current light with one or is it one or the other..i hope i didnt spend all this money on a light that isnt even sufficient for my anemones...and can i attach one of these fixtures to the top of my tank with the existing light or is it one or the other...thanks nick

E

essop3

I would only run the actinics for an hour or so before and after the 10k.
Those lights won't keep any anemone. BTAs do need a little less than others but still more than that.
If you later get an MH you can use your lights you have now for actnic supplementation

lion_crazz

That lighting is fine, however, I would go with the cycle recommended above. You don't want to run the actinics that long. I would run them an hour, maybe 2 if you want to stretch it, before and after the regulars. You don't need to run them for as long as 3 hours.