Totally new setup

damselsrck

I am considering upgrading. A 90 gallon is what I'm looking at. I found a really nice
looking stand + canopy on the auction site for $374. The only thing is it's not finished.
Would this be a big deal to get it finished? Should only a certain typed of finish be used so
that it doesn't hurt the water quality? I also found a 90 gallon reef ready tank for $300.
Are these prices reasonable? One more question...Is it hard to maintian a tank with a
canopy on it? (I'm shorter... :hilarious )
Thanks!

8x8nhl

if i were you i would go with the rr tank fro 300$ that is a great price around here if it has a canopy.......don't fell bad about being short my custom 75 gal has a 42 inch stand (the tank is 24 in tall)and a 14 inch canopy.so it's 70 in high....... im 11 and im only 4"6 so i put a large stool next to the tank

damselsrck

No, the tank alone that is reef ready is $300. Then there is a really great looking canopy + stand set that I want for $374. It's unfinished...so I might have to get someone to finish it for me if that's a big deal....I have no idea.

dragonzim

Finishing a stand shouldn't be a big deal. Is it wood? If so, just decide if you want it painted or stained, pick your color and go to it.