Trade - Hairy Mushroom - Santa Cruz, CA

superwade2

I have a couple medium sized (maybe small fist/baseball sized, I never tried to actual measure), healthy chunks of Hairy Mushroom Coral in my Saltwater tank that I would to trade for other corals.
I have medium lighting (196w Power Compact in my 46 Gal Bowfront), so I am somewhat limited in what corals I can add, but I would like to find a good home for these to home to add something new and cool to my tank...
See Pics...
I'm actually in Scotts Valley, but hope to find someone in the area to trade with.
Thanks for Looking
Wade

zanoshanox

hey...i live in boulder creek...i've got lots of corals to trade, what are you looking for, and what have you got?

superwade2

Originally Posted by zanoshanox
by the way...i work at round up
Then we've probably met... I go in there every now and then to check stuff out... I haven't gotten much of my stuff from there.. just a couple of my fish...
I don't have a ton of stuff yet... my tank is about 1.5 years old and like I said, I have medium lighting, so my coral selections have been based on that.
I have like 5 big hunks of this Hairy Mushroom (which is why I'm looking to trade a couple away), I also have a decent sized Yellow Colony Polyp Cluster (all connected to one rock still), and another Button Polyp... And a couple other mushrooms. All Beginner stuff..
I've never really fragged anything, so I'm not sure how to take any of the stuff off the LR (I was hopeing someone would want the whole chunks of Hairy Mushroom).
I'd like to add some colorful stuff... but would also be willing to listen to advice on other corals that I might be able to add (without major upgrades to my lighting that I just can't justify right now).
Thanks
Wade

zanoshanox

come in sometime, i'll get you some good deals on a few frags. We just started stocking corals again. And i've got some things in my tank that will be ready to cut back pretty soon, i'll let you know when i have frags that your tank will be suitable for.

superwade2

Originally Posted by zanoshanox
you can try some LPS, i can get you a couple heads of torch coral for no charge probably.
Just say "when" and I'll come in and see you...I am looking to replace a couple fish that didn't survive my December move into my new place in Scotts Valley... I lost my Royal Gramma and a couple Blue/Green Chromis... My Clowns, Flame Angel and Diamond Goby are all doing well now for 3+ months since the move...
Wade

zanoshanox

That sounds good, just give me a list of the items you're looking for and i'd be glad to help you out. hey mach, what have you to trade?

superwade2

Hey Zano... I went over by Round Up arround 4:45 this afternoon (Thursday 4/12)... Don't know if you were working or not.
I don't mean to be negative but is R.U. getting out of the Saltwater business? I mean there was basically nothing there and what was there didn't look real healthy at all...
Wade