trades Charlotte, nc. or close

pacopetty

no nextel but drkdweller has some awesome stuff so I'll let you know before I come down again and we'll work something out with him

tgfrench

Just starting out with a 55 gal, so I don't have much right now but would love to get in touch with folks in the surrounding area. I'm starting out with a little xenia (hopfully it will stay that way), toadstool leather, candycane, ric yuma, fuzzy mushroom, and sun polyp. I have a small frag that I've not identified as of yet that came to me through garf grunge.
terry

baddlord77

Sounds like a plan terry.....i have not found many people in the area myself......"Tizzo" is in the area (charlotte) she's cool and her family. I'm new to this also. Been set up for about 4 months or so.....still waiting to see any new growth of coraline.....have not seen any yet....hopefully soon...

tgfrench

nice to meet ya baddlord:
My coralline is really starting to take off. I think the grunge helped seed it. I'm starting to show some nice red, purple and green on my rocks.
terry

baddlord77

how many pounds did u order ? i ordered some and i wasn't really impressed.....maybe it was just me.....looked more like mud when i got it.......didn't really seem to do anything......maybe i came up on the short end...i dug their snails though....they have multipled forsure...as far as the grunge...i didn't order ver y much...maybe tjhat was my problem......have not been lucky enough to have any coraline yet...nothing to speak of
:notsure:

tgfrench

I got the 15 lb grunge pack, what did you get the light or their new pack with the brittle stars and stuff i can't remember what it is called but they do sell 3 different packages.

robvia

I'm in Rock Hill. Just getting going good myself. There are lots of people in the area. I say that because Fintastic does such a great business. Can't wait to see there new store in January.

rdmoore2

I have quite a few small frags that I am looking to trade in the Charlotte area.
To trade:
Kenya Tree
Sun Coral
Small Plate
2 different types of xenia
green star poylps
silver star polyps
button polyps
Would rather trade all/most frags at one time.

baddlord77

Becareful w/'Fintastic'...:eek: They're VERY overpriced and all employees are on commission...NOT A GOOD THING. A couple of the guys are cool...and they have a very large selection....but i only go there in an emergency or they have something i cannot order or get anywhere else. I now use use hi-tide....(ask 'Tizzo') It's a really nice store (Not huge or elegant) but they have very good selections and most of all, they're very nice people to deal with..lots of knowledge and they work w/u all the time. I have made killer purchases there and i see them at least 3 times a month. ......704-889-3474 and it's on s. blvd in charlotte. Tell them the long haired guy sent u and u r a new customer, and they will be glad to have u....

robvia

I shop Hi-Tide whenever I get a chance. I like to window shop at fintastic. The new store should be something to see. I went over there to see how far along they were. It's going to be HUGE! It's about the size of PetsMart, but it's all fish. Hi-Tide is great because you can get frags. I got my fuge started with stuff from them. Do any of you guys ever get together? I would like to actually see some other reef tanks. Dustin Knape of dustinsreefdotcom is moving to Rock Hill the end of the month. Not sure when he'll get things up and running. Tizzo has answered many of my questions, but I didn't realize he was in Charlotte.

baddlord77

Yes, we do get together and check each others tanks and stuff out. However, "Tizzo" happens to be a 'young lady' rather than a dude. Actually, lady sounds like she's old, which she is not. Tizzo and her family are cool. She helped me out originally several times from swf and than we joined up at each others house to check out the goods. Very good peeps. I live her in Concord and she lives in charlotte, so it's not a far drive...anyways...gotta get back to work..

tgfrench

Hello JnJ
We are starting up a local club here in winston. We can be found on the yahoo groups under piedmont_reefs. hope you can join
terry