Trading question

O

osubeast

I have a 15W UV sterilizer and 2 - 48" PC fixtures(130W a piece) that I am looking to trade for a calcium reactor or some type of canister/sponge filtration system. Am I in a dream world...too much/too little, or is this even a realistic option. Items I need would be for a 120 gallon tank. Once again thanks for all the support.
Figuered I would be safe asking this type of question on a newbie board

mie

Calcium reactors good, canister filters not that good. I would try to trade for a sump, put the calcium reactor on hold for now. Just my 2cents

O

osubeast

I already have a refugium setup, not really looking for another sump unless I am missing something here...which is very possible

mie

You can add a canister filter, just make sure to clean it weekly or bi-weekly, depending on your bioload as they can be little nitrate factories.

rotarymagic

Those fixtures won't be enough to grow SPS or clams.. just FYI.. you won't need a calcium reactor unless you have SPS or a tank packed with lps...
I'd get a better light, calcium reactor, kalk stirrer with ATO..
that way you can keep all the stuff you want.
I still have that light if you're interested.

O

osubeast

I have a 2-250 MH/4-56W T5/18LED fixture. The stuff listed above I no longer need.
I am so confused. Here is what I got
1) fixture listed above
2) two Koralia 4's and 1 Koralia 3
3) refugium sump...full of all kinds of pods, worms, etc....
4) 120 gallon tank, live rock, live sand, etc.....
5) 20 gallon QT tank...up and running
6) protein skimmer
7) refractometer, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph, calcium, phosphate, test kits
Things I am having trouble with or do not like is: calcium level in tank(Doesn't stay in the proper 400 levels... do water changes every 3-4 weeks - 20%), smallish particles that seem to constantly be suspended or pushed around in the water(only filtration I have is the overflow leading to sump and livestock), and having to top off the tank every other day.
So without spending a ton of money and with the ability to trade a few of these items, could I get any equipment to resolve these issues? Thanks again for all the replies and help