Trapping fish

sueandherzoo

I need to move two firegobies and a green mandarin out of one tank and into another. Of course the tank they're in has lots of intricate rockwork so chasing them around with a net is not an option (nor would it be productive) and I've read some ideas on the web on how to set up traps made out of soda bottles, etc.
I do have a soda bottle trap in there right now but unfortunately my two clowns have decided it's their new playground - they love swimming in and out of it, so the firegobies won't go near it.
Has anyone come up with a good way of catching fish that they'd care to share with me? I know there is a trap with an attached feeder tube and sliding door available online but I was really hoping to move them today on my day off..... don't really want to wait several days for shipping. I checked a few LFS's and they don't have any so I bought breeding traps instead, hoping to rig something up.
If you have any brainstorms, I'd love to hear them!
Sue

teresaq

The only way i have found is to take a piece of plexi glass as wide as your tank, drill some wholes in it, move a few rocks from one end, put the glass in, leaving it up from the bottom a few inches and either wait for fish to swim in, or chase them in, push the glass down and net from there
TeresaQ

sueandherzoo

Wow - that's one I haven't seen anywhere else - pretty clever, and it might just work!
Gotta find a big piece of acrylic, get some holes drilled, and clear out a spot in the tank where I could set it up. Very creative - thanks!
Sue