Trashed corals

goulding.c

Well I finally had to do it. With local lfs's stocked I had to suck out about $300 worth of nice pulsing zenia. They just grow to fast in my 125, the whole right side is solid with them.

dina12

OH NO!!!! Xenia is one of my favorite. We have a ton of it too.....we have now started using super glue to attach it to the back wall of the tank. The "forest" is starting to look great back there......just an idea for you - I hate to see these get trashed cuz they grow so fast...

goulding.c

Beleave me I know, it sucks but what can I do. It is over growing everything. Even my glass magnet cleaner is covered in it. Its allready growing up the walls. If I let it go to long it gets so thick that stalks release and float around until they re attach on the other side where it is not growing. My clowns have been nesting and laying eggs in it lately too. If anyone is near pittsburgh pa stop by and grab some. I was kind of wondering if I fry it would it taste like calamari?

chadman

Originally Posted by dina12
OH NO!!!! Xenia is one of my favorite. We have a ton of it too.....we have now started using super glue to attach it to the back wall of the tank. The "forest" is starting to look great back there......just an idea for you - I hate to see these get trashed cuz they grow so fast...
how do you glue the xenia?

yerboy

Originally Posted by chadman
how do you glue the xenia?
just a small drop of superglue on its the base of the stalk always works for me

dina12

To glue it - I just take it off the rock - take just the base out of the water - dry off a little with a towel......just a drop of two of super glue gel.....stick on back wall and hold for about 10 seconds......it does take a day or two to reopen since it just got ripped off a rock and had its butt glued.....here is a picture - I started putting it on the back wall about 2 months ago.