treating my Toadstool right??

liverock27

I have a 30gallon tank with a Seaclone100(i know it sucks, but I got a new one for free), Fluval 204, a powerhead. and a 24" Lunar Aqualight 2x65W/ 2 blue-moon corlalife with one 10k daylight lamp and actinic(sp?) bulb. I put in calcium, Iodine, strontium and molybdenum, Essential Elements, Coral-vite, and Coral-accel. The toadstool is about 7" and I have it between middle and top of my tank with medium water flow around it. Am I doing enough for the coral or is there something I am missing?? Thanks for any comments good or bad.

liverock27

My Toadstool seems to fold up at night, but during the day is completley open. Is that normal. I cannot find anything on the night habbits of the Toadstool. I also heard that it produces some slime to coat itself and that the medium water flow helps to remove this. Is this correct?

saltcreep

Toadstools will pull in at night and come out in the day. That is normal. They seem to like a medium flow.
Are you testing for all these additives you are adding? To much of some of those can be harmful exp Iodine, strontium and molybdenum. You should be getting enough iodine from your salt mix when doing water changes.

S

spsaddict

Originally posted by LiveRock27
I have a 30gallon tank with a Seaclone100(i know it sucks, but I got a new one for free), Fluval 204, a powerhead. and a 24" Lunar Aqualight 2x65W/ 2 blue-moon corlalife with one 10k daylight lamp and actinic(sp?) bulb. I put in calcium, Iodine, strontium and molybdenum, Essential Elements, Coral-vite, and Coral-accel. The toadstool is about 7" and I have it between middle and top of my tank with medium water flow around it. Am I doing enough for the coral or is there something I am missing?? Thanks for any comments good or bad.

Watch out with the iodine and stronium... do frequent waterchanges and you wont even need to dose these elelments