Trigger???

gruman28

I have a medium huma trigger and a medium clown fish in my 75 gal. I haven't done much with the tank for the last year because I have been working on my reef tank. I pretty much clean and do my water changes. I decided to add another fish to the tank, but the trigger wont let me. He attacks everything I put in the tank. I had a tang and a puffer in there before, and everything was fine. I have tried both again and I have to go in for the rescue. He doesnt bother the clown fish.
My lfs told me I need to stick with another trigger or a large fish. Does this sound right?
Any suggestions?

2batrigger

Originally Posted by gruman28
I have a medium huma trigger and a medium clown fish in my 75 gal. I haven't done much with the tank for the last year because I have been working on my reef tank. I pretty much clean and do my water changes. I decided to add another fish to the tank, but the trigger wont let me. He attacks everything I put in the tank. I had a tang and a puffer in there before, and everything was fine. I have tried both again and I have to go in for the rescue. He doesnt bother the clown fish.
My lfs told me I need to stick with another trigger or a large fish. Does this sound right?
Any suggestions?
The only thing i have done in the past is to take out water from the tank into say a 5 gallon bucket and put him in it and rearrange the rockwork and decor add the new fish let them get a couple hour start on the trigger and reintroduce him. His territory will be disrupted and he will be as confused as the others. I think it is amazing that he has not kill the clownfish. Eventually he will as he matures. This technque usually works.

U

undulated guy

my money is on the trigger killing anything if you give it the time, almost nothing is safe with a trigger unless you have a huge tank 200 gallons or more.

vanos

I would rearrange everything and then put him back in. My lfs said they don't keep picasso triggers in stock anymore because they kill their tankmates more often than other trigger fish by biting their eyes out.