Trigger

polka

I purchased a picasso trigger yesterday. So far all it had done is found a hole in the rock and stayed there. Came out to find a new hole and thats it. I saw in the information on triggers that they are usually strong swimmers, swimming all day. How long will this guy hide? I also have a clown, fiji devel and a hawkfish. They don't seem to care he is in there. I tried coaxing him out with some frozen shrimp, however everyone else ate it. How long can he go without eating? Should I try to feed more? Thank you for your help!!

mgochay

I'll give you my experience with my Naso Tang. I just got him a few days ago and that's all he did was hide. he'd hide up by where the water was coming back into the tank. He's starting to come out more now and just yesterday is the first time i've seen him eat. Give him a few days he should be alright. Hope this helps a bit.

kris

Some fish acclimate very quickly-like within hours and some take days--I would give him about 4 days, if he's not out and eating by then you have might have a problem. (but don;t give up on him for at least a week Don't feed more than normal all you'll do is overfeed the others and pollute your tank. You can try different foods though, or call your lfs where you bought him and ask them what he was eating, maybe he just does'nt think much of your food.

clwhite

I have an udulated trig. that I have had in a 45g for about 9 months. He is the only fish in the tank because he ate the yellow tang about 4 months ago. He will only come out when I feed him and is nothing like the clown triggers I have seen in my fish store. My opion is to go with a clown if your going to get a trig. And how is your hawkfish going to survive. my trig eats everything from golds to frozen shrimp. surely the hawk must be very large. Please give me more info.

polka

Sadly my trigger died about two hours after I asked my question. I have a call into my lfs where I purchased him. All of my levels are right on. I'm not sure what happened this is the first fish I've lost. My brother-in-law suggested that it could have been stressed out. I was very careful as with all the others to aclimate slowly. Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

mgochay

Sorry for your loss
Hope you can get your lfs to replace him. I had to "sweettalk" to get one of mine replace that died the day after I got him.

kris

While moving is a very stressful thing for fish--unless you made some huge mistake doing it--it should not kill him. Talk to your lfs. Mine has a one week guarantee, hope yours does too.