triggers and clowns

fastlane13

Do triggers and clowns get together ok?
I wanna build a reef tank and its gonna be 65 or 55 gallons. Whut is your recomendation on fish? I know that i want to get two black percula clowns (a pair like together). And i wanna know whut else i can put in that would fit. I like Eels, triggers, lions, tangs, blennies, gobies, dwarf angels, butterflyfish, and chromis. Can anyone help and tell me whut i could put in a 55 or 65.:help:

squidd

You have kind of a "mixed bag" there in your selections...Aggressive, predators, semi aggressive and peaceful fish...
Not all will get along with each other..
You also have a few that will no doubt need larger quarters than a 55...
And at least one that will need pristine water conditions which are hard to maintain with the waste of the aggressives...
You may want to rethink your selections...Not so much fish by fish , but more of what you want the "total tank" to look like when it's "complete"...
Do you want 5-6 smaller peaceful fish or two or three larger fish...??
Will you be heading toward "reef" in the near future...??
Do you have the ability to/plans to "upgrade" the tank to a much larger size in the near future...??
Knowing what your "heading toward" will help in selecting the correct fish now, so you don't run into problems down the line...
As it "is" that list won't work in your present tank plans, especially if your heading toward a reef...

fastlane13

Thanks...yea im heading towards reef definantly..i know that i want black and white clowns but whats your suggestion for the other fish? Im gonna try to put a kole tang or blue tang in there and in two years im gonna get a much bigger tank, like a 130 or 150 so wuld the tand grow two big over two years if it lives?

fastlane13

Nvmd bout the tang. I made a list that should fit. Coral beauty angel, royal gramma basslet, two black and whit percs, pearl scale butterfly, firefish, diamond watchman goby, catalina goby, and the perl scale butterfly says no reef but my friend has a reef tank and he has one in there so i wanna try it too. I found all these fish on www.***********.com you should check it out there are some really cool fish on there but they are cheaper and you have to pay shipping.