triggers play nice

slackjawed

i have 21 fish in my 180 10 triggers 6 eels 2 puffers,panther grouper red tail grouperand a wrasp .tank is like total maddness .no easy street .just eat 30 minnowz a day i keep em well fed

ccampbell57

I like the Alligator head in there Slack...also I like the black sand.
I will be the first one to put my 2 cents in here, as I am sure others are not far behind. Although your fish look very healthy right now, your tank is a ticking time bomb. For one, your undulated triggers are going to prove to everyone in the tank why they are supposed to be in a specimen only tank.
Moreover, I am not a fan of live feeding. Basically you are feeding your fish the human equivalent of cheetos. They may be tasty to the fish but they have no nutritional value. This may be the reason that your nitrates are off (if they are). You are also teaching your fish to kill and it is never good to do that when you plan on adding a new fish in the future.
Can you put a complete stocklist together and post it? I would like to see sizes as well.
Do you plan on upgrading to a 500g?

slackjawed

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
http:///forum/post/2483380
I like the Alligator head in there Slack...also I like the black sand.
I will be the first one to put my 2 cents in here, as I am sure others are not far behind. Although your fish look very healthy right now, your tank is a ticking time bomb. For one, your undulated triggers are going to prove to everyone in the tank why they are supposed to be in a specimen only tank.
Moreover, I am not a fan of live feeding. Basically you are feeding your fish the human equivalent of cheetos. They may be tasty to the fish but they have no nutritional value. This may be the reason that your nitrates are off (if they are). You are also teaching your fish to kill and it is never good to do that when you plan on adding a new fish in the future.
Can you put a complete stocklist together and post it? I would like to see sizes as well.
Do you plan on upgrading to a 500g?
2 unglettes one 6" one 3"
2 huma humas one 5" one 2 1/2 "
3 nigers 2" 3" and a 4"
1 retanglus 3"
1 clown trigg 4"
1panther grouper 4"
1 v/tail grouper 4"
1 wrasp 3"
1 pok puff 3"
1starz puff 5" like a garbage truck lol

1 wolf eel 12"
1white eye moray 15"
2 ungletted eels 12"erz
1 lepard eel 24"
1 snake eel 12"
and a few hurmetz (they at most of em all ready) nitrates r fine 4 now

slackjawed

Originally Posted by slackjawed
http:///forum/post/2483414
2 unglettes one 6" one 3"
2 huma humas one 5" one 2 1/2 "
3 nigers 2" 3" and a 4"
1 retanglus 3"
1 clown trigg 4"
1panther grouper 4"
1 v/tail grouper 4"
1 wrasp 3"
1 pok puff 3"
1starz puff 5" like a garbage truck lol

1 wolf eel 12"
1white eye moray 15"
2 ungletted eels 12"erz
1 lepard eel 24"
1 snake eel 12"
and a few hurmetz (they at most of em all ready) nitrates r fine 4 now

o and new addition 2 day i bursa trigg hes hatin life doin alot of hidin

crashbandicoot

Honestly you tank is a timebomb waiting to explode . You gonna end up with a bunch of dead fish . But hey if you wanna throw money around like that .

nice looking tank i hope it doesnt meltdown how long has it been up? how often did u add each fish in?? so you feed the freshwater fish? does that include feeder goldfish?

Guys, can it...Ii've seen overstocked tanks like this, it's no different than the LFS who has 10 fish in a 8 gallon aquarium for several months, and they do fine. AS LONG as he has proper filtration, and not more than 1 tang (LOL) then he will MAYBE be fine. Whenever mixing aggressive fish, your best bet is to either add 150 of them, or none of them. If youc hoose the overstocking route, be prepared to treat water often for sickness, and 3x the filtration if not more.
IF he wants to pi$$ his money away, let him do it. It's worked out for me before, and is currently.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by ChrgerOnDavins
http:///forum/post/2483795
Guys, can it.......
Everyone's opinion is valid, and as long as the posts are polite people are welcome to give their opinions.
A quick browse through the Agressive section will reveal countless threads regarding tanks set up like this that looked great for months, only to suddenly become Armaggedon overnight.
What works for one person does not work for all.
Keep it civil folks.

2batrigger

I have alot of fish in my 210 but this combo is a totally toxic cocktail! You should have more respect for the pets you care for than to be doing this to them. The 6" unduy will kill off everything soon but the 3" unduy will be dead first and soon. You should set up another tank or return or sell some or a combo of these. Indeed i hope you enjoy wasting money. People like you shouldn't be allowed to own pets.

N

nereef

do you have a backup plan for when a fish outgrows the tank and/or goes postal?

kjr_trig

Interesting....Please resist the temptation of adding one of the following...Titan, Blueline, or Queen Trigger.....Agree with CC, they need a much better diet, live FW minnows are no good. Keep in mind Undulate Triggers and big eels don't only kill for food, they also kill for territory....I really hope you upgrade to a 500 gallon as well, this looks like the Saltwater equiv. of Mike Vicks basement....Good Luck.
Like the gator head though

slackjawed

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/2484137
Interesting....Please resist the temptation of adding one of the following...Titan, Blueline, or Queen Trigger.....Agree with CC, they need a much better diet, live FW minnows are no good. Keep in mind Undulate Triggers and big eels don't only kill for food, they also kill for territory....I really hope you upgrade to a 500 gallon as well, this looks like the Saltwater equiv. of Mike Vicks basement....Good Luck.
Like the gator head though
Vickz basment
i do own under pitts yes i feed fresh water feeder minnows i buy from bait store.the unglette (6") iz a ass but hes like a warden of thiz prison!!activity is awsome swimmin and definding alwayz haddd it runnin 4 5 monthz ill by a fish and put him in anytime bursa i got last night iz homeless still.hell find 1 soon or hell b
.but i have only lost a wrasp so far just dont understand if u give them a place 2 run 2 the will live my tank haz plenty of smaller places 4 them 2 hide + i move rocks twice a month makes the unglette madd itz sooooooo funny makin spotz jackin him up lol will a few more picz